Honored Contributor

Eileen Fisher's New Shirt Disappointing

I have always loved the beautiful items from Eileen Fisher.  I am drawn to other lines and brands as well.

Their newest button down shirt has short sleeves with a length of just past the waist band.  Apparently, she is trying to attract the very young, but they can't and won't pay the prices.  Many work in management and wear suits to work.

Honored Contributor

Re: Eileen Fisher's New Shirt Disappointing

Boxy, too.  

Organic Handkerchief Linen Short-Sleeve Shirt

Fine Jersey Crew Neck Top

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee 

NOT buying this!!!!

Respected Contributor

Funny you mention this, I just looked at this top. Not for me. I do not like their "boxy" tops.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I have always loved the beautiful items from Eileen Fisher.  I am drawn to other lines and brands as well.

Their newest button down shirt has short sleeves with a length of just past the waist band.  Apparently, she is trying to attract the very young, but they can't and won't pay the prices.  Many work in management and wear suits to work.

@ECBG   I've never been able to wear EF. I even tried the petites, which I can no longer find. Her shapes are ususally voluminous on me. This shirt may be something I could wear, but would prefer a little more fitted look...maybe darts...more length with a nipped in waist...something!  Her prices are usually out of site and I wait for a sale.

I was surprised to find a huge selection on Amazon, but prices not discounted. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus 

For about the past 7 or 8 years, as minimal dressing and the "unconstructed" look has come more into main stream fashions, I think her look will be generous with a lot of drape.  

If I pick up a piece on sale, I go 1 to 2 sizes down.  The XL's are usually left.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus  There are plenty of petites on the EF website. Macy's always has great sales on EF, if they still carry the brand (haven't checked).

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Foxxee 

The color on the first one is pretty, but I'm not loving the shape or shorter length. 

Respected Contributor

I don't pay a ton of attention to EF because it's not really my style, but my impression has always been that her clothing is fairly voluminous and boxy.

Honored Contributor

I like some of the colors she uses but I like more structured clothes.