Honored Contributor

Eileen Fisher does the tunic only $438.00 Cashmire

[ Edited ]

Respected Contributor

Re: Eileen Fisher does the tunic

She also has a fabulous looking maxi cardigan - I believe it is at Macy's or Norstrom's.

-Texas Hill Country-
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: Eileen Fisher does the tunic only $438.00 Cashmire

Her stuff is just so expensive.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It is also not of the quality it once was.  I bought a "linen" and "silk" top last year and after one wearing it looked 50 years old.  After washing it with care by hand and using a delicate fabric detergent to no avail,I sent it to cleaners and on return, it looked like the same sad sack I had sent.  

Until her quality returns or her prices are more in line with Wal-Mart, I think you will see a decrease in her sales.  I had given the benefit of the doubt on a skirt I purchased 2-3 years ago that drooped like a scalded free-range chicken once worn, but after two such "sorry" purchases, I am through with EF.  

There are plenty good brands out there (also made in some third-world country) which are not hocking inferior goods at such an exorbitant price.  This long-term fan and buyer of EF is out to look around.  Better goods, at lesser prices at Chico.

Respected Contributor

i buy Eileen and love her clothes.  i haven't had any quality problems at all.  i don't have too many pieces, but enough to know that you are getting top of the line product.  that has been my experience.  too bad others have not.

Honored Contributor

Well, I broke weak today and purchased an Eileen Fisher piece that I should not have but it was calling my name.  It is cotton and tencel, looks denim.  Just a top.  Organic cotton bateau neck (denim).  I just needed something for a day trip on Friday and I was in a hurry and well. . . it was a weak moment.  

Respected Contributor

@ladyroxanne I agree. Quality over quanitity any day. Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

Eileen Fisher has lovely, quality clothing.  Yes the price tag is high, but within a few weeks you will see most high end brands reduced by 30 percent. Then if you wait some more even better.  It's a plus if you have a Bloomies, Nordstrom, Saks etc. card etc to get points too.  Patience.....lol.

When I see an item of clothing I love, I put it on a list and check all the retailers that carry the item every day!  One of them always has some great deal going on.  Check them all daily for your specific item which you Heart