Esteemed Contributor

Re: Eddie Bauer or LL Bean? Which is best ladies?

I like both labels and own clothing from both.

Honored Contributor

@lianne wrote:

Brooks Brothers does the best shirts, they have  three fits and the quality is awesome!  If you wait for a sale they are reasonable. I have some of mine for over 5 years and they look new. Money well spent. 

I'm glad you mentioned BB.  Their clothes are beautiful and really well made.

Honored Contributor

I don't think I've ever purchased Eddie Bauer but I have looked through the catalog. LLBean, on the other hand, ships free AND no tax which is nice.

Haven't purchased clothing but did purchase a backpack for my daughter when she was young; really durable and great quality. Also purchased some gorgeous shoe boots for  myself. I think they were Dingo...

Contributor

I used to buy LL Bean and their quality 10 years ago was excellent!  They have reduced their quality, tend to be frumpy, and I find the website awful.

I like Eddie Bauer and shop their sales and use coupons online. Eddie tends to be long and lean, so I often order shirts in petite so the sleeves are not too long.

Lands End's also has great sales and coupons online and I have ordered a couple of their iron-free cotton blouses.

Actually I order sweater, knitwear, accessories and jackets from Ralph Lauren when they go on sale.  Look for his Lauren line, it is very affordable   They have excellent sales and lots of promotions or discounts and even free shipping once in a while or free over $125.  RL is the trend setter- I see his fashion style copied in all the popular ready wear brands!  Remember quality and design features? I am so impressed with his line

If you are looking for a non-iron black shirt also consider Chico's. They sell lots of styles and I have yet to wear one out!  Never pay full-price !  Wait for the sales!

Trusted Contributor

Eddie Bauer fan here..

Honored Contributor

Thanks !  I really want a  nice black cotton collered button down the front shirt!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG

From Ann Taylor, comes in black.  I ended up buying this in black.  😆

http://www.anntaylor.com/perfect-shirt/379618

Respected Contributor

I shop often from LL Bean for basics, plain clothing. It's mostly what I wear.  T shirts and turtlenecks are very good.  It's simple, practical clothing, good quality. Prints and stripes are often not appealing.  Free shipping both ways for me is good. I like their slippers.

Eddie Bauer--our "local" store is over an hour away, so I don't shop there too often.  But the few things I've gotten I've liked a lot.  I'll check out their website.

Land's End has good quality and a little more style than LLB.  But often their colors or color schemes are unappealing.  You can buy online and return in a Sears store.  They used to give you 10% on a purchase when you make a store return, not sure if it's still the case.