Honored Contributor

Re: Ebay has been great for me lately!

[ Edited ]

@decaf wrote:

No I haven't @Susan Louise but I just wanted to say congratulations.  How hard that had to be, especially with the pandemic. Enjoy your new outfits!

@decaf  Thank you. Smiley Happy

Actually it wasn't hard at all. DH and I started the keto/low carb lifestyle in Sept 2018...long before the pandemic, live it today and will for the rest of our lives.

We are not suffering...LOL

Dinner tonight...steak, salad (with some of the veggies home grown/freshly picked today...kale, spinach, romaine & curly leaf lettuce) - topped with freshly grated parm cheese, chopped walnuts, pre-made (I make ahead of time) bacon bits I store in the freezer, and salad dressing - Primal Kitchen brand made with avacado oil...

...and the dessert - sugarfree strawberry-banana jello topped with home-made whipped cream (made with heavy whipping cream & truvia) and sliced strawberries...home grown/freshly picked today.  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise   Thank you so much for your response.  I will pass on your information as well as the video name.  

We had talked about the keto diet before and I thought there was a lot of high fat in the diet that would not be healthy.

It seems like her health issues just keep getting worse.  First crohns, then cancer, she has a rapid heart rate and also wears a cpap mask at night...now the arthritis....she is not even 45!

thanks!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Susan Louise   Thank you so much for your response.  I will pass on your information as well as the video name.  

We had talked about the keto diet before and I thought there was a lot of high fat in the diet that would not be healthy.

It seems like her health issues just keep getting worse.  First crohns, then cancer, she has a rapid heart rate and also wears a cpap mask at night...now the arthritis....she is not even 45!

thanks!

@Mom2Dogs  You need to watch the 'Fat Head' video too. I highlighted part of your post the reason as to why. Americans have developed an unhealthy phobia against fat. The video explains it all. There are zero studies that proved animal fat is the enemy...only 'trans fat' which is unnatural...ie, corn, soy, veg, sunflower, etc. The oils from those vegetables have to be chemically extracted. Our bodies are not made to process them normally...hence why they are just one more thing that causes inflammation - health issues...and just one more thing that is fully explained in the Fat Head video.

Our bodies have no problem processing natural fats...avacado, olive, coconut oils, bacon fat, beef tallo, heavy whipping cream, and butter (not margarine because of the trans fat).

I truly hope your niece watches the Fat Head and arthritis videos...

ETA: info highlighted in blue Smiley Happy