Honored Contributor

Ebay has been great for me lately!

[ Edited ]

After losing a ton of weight since Sept 2018 and going through so many clothes sizes, it has been a double edged sword.

On one hand, the obvious upside is health, looking & feeling better. The down side is a fairly large loss of $$$ and favorite clothes that are sold out or just not available any longer to get a smaller size or to finally be able to purchase.

I have kept a list hoping certain garments would return to no avail. Over the past 6 months, thankfully Ebay has come to the rescue for a few of them.

The latest is Martha Stewart patchwork skinny jeans. With patience and ordering from various sellers since about April, I have finally been able to get the medium & dark wash in both sizes of 10 and 8. The size 10 fit perfectly now and I got the 2 pairs of 8 so I'll have them when I reach my goal weight. I love how cool they look and how flattering they are. I would have liked to have been able to get the grey pairs too, but I certainly can't complain! Smiley Very Happy

Back when they were 1st available on QVC...late 2018-mid 2019...around the time I had just started losing weight, I kept them in the back of my mind as a dream...maybe someday...but I would never had bought them at the weight I was back then...LOL

Below are 2 youtube video links on the skinny jeans. The video on QVC isn't even available anymore (A301087).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni0EroQKJJw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXffiVm5Xpc

Another fabulous find I got on Ebay is a pair of shoes I had been stalking the Q for...been sold out of the color/size I wanted for awhile and then went on clearance...ugh. Thankfully, I recently was finally able to snag a pair...the 'Earth Nubuck leather Kristen lace up peep toe' in the sand brown...VERY happy camper!

Has anyone else finally been able to acquire a particular garment or two lately that isn't available anymore?

Please share Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Ebay has been great for me lately!

I have found several pair of "New without box" Fly London shoes/sandals for work.

Esteemed Contributor

@Susan Louise The Walmart website and Amazon carry some QVC items in new condition, if that is what you are looking for.  They may just have a size or 2.  You can certainly use the qvc brand names to search, and sometimes searching by the number works.  You can also try QVC numbers in google and find things.

Honored Contributor

You worked hard for this wonderful problem....congratulations!

Frequent Contributor

I have scored some great finds on Ebay.  But, recently purchased two pairs of Laurie Felt jeans at huge savings.  Also, have seen QVC fashion on Walmart too, but prices aren't always the best.  Enjoy your new look! 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

No I haven't @Susan Louise but I just wanted to say congratulations.  How hard that had to be, especially with the pandemic. Enjoy your new outfits!

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise  Congrats on your weight loss (and improved health).  It's fun shopping for new clothes!!!

Did you lose your weight with the KETO diet?  Asking because my niece is thinking about that diet and she asked my opinion.  I had nothing to offer, I don't know anything about it, but thought I read that is how you and I believe your husband lost weight.  

She has Crohns, had breast cancer at a young age along with arthritis in her back and spine...she is about 40 years old now and needs to lose some weight...the weight all gathers in her stomach, she is built just like her dad!  Is there a book you can recommend? Thank you

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you everyone for your replies and kind comments Smiley Happy

@Mom2Dogs  DH and I changed our lifestyle to keto/low carb for our health. We don't consider it a 'diet', but a lifestyle since it is the way we'll be eating the rest of our lives. Sadly, we should have lived this lifestyle all our lives...quite maddening really...and it is explained fully in a video. We would have never become insulin resistant and gained all the excessive weight in the 1st place if we had. Becoming insulin resistant in turn had created other health issues for us. Having changed our lifestyle to keto/low carb, those health issues are now GONE!

I have posted about it many times. I recommend your niece watch the near 2 hour easy to understand educational documentary video on youtube called 'Fat Head'. The video even explains the 'why' on so many issues. Since it is such a long video, stream it to the tv.

DH and I think this documentary video is like a great keto/low carb 101 class for those who have so many misunderstandings about this lifestyle. Don't skip through the video, you'll miss key points throughout.

Below is a link to a thread I started in early 2019. My OP is filled with info you can pass to your family members they can copy/paste for reference which includes books and links.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Wellness/For-those-that-believe-in-low-fat-diets/td-p/5353543

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mom2Dogs  I forgot to add in my previous post about arthritis...living a keto/low carb lifestyle will also help that condition too...actually 'most' any health issue that is effected/made worse through inflammation from carbs/sugars/veg oils (except the good oils that are not trans fat - avacado, olive & coconut).

That is why I keep posting about the 'Fat Head' video. So many folks really don't understand - 'get' the 'inflammation' connection between carb/sugars/trans fat oils and a long list of health issues that can develop. We personally know folks who have the thought process/belief that carbs/sugars/trans fat oils only effect those that are already diabetic...frustrating to try and convince them otherwise.

We became insulin resistant (DH a type 2 diabetic and myself - pre diabetic) later in our lives...in our 50's because of all the carbs/sugars...AND trans fat veg oils we ingested..ie., soybean, veg, canola, corn, sunflower. We mainly use avacado oil now and coconut oil once in awhile. Olive oil is also a good oil, but we choose not to use it since we don't like the flavor it adds to foods. Avacado oil is virtually tasteless. For those that don't know, trans fat veg oils also cause inflammation! Our bodies just couldn't handle it anymore. Those oils are also in the majority of processed foods which we also eliminated. We also cook in bacon grease I store in the fridge...like for burgers and eggs...yummy! Other 'good' fats are butter (not margarine), heavy whipping cream (not other milk because the sugar content is too high from the actual removal of fat!), whole cheeses (not low fat!) and beef tallo.The Fat Head video explains so much of what I am typing on this.

Anyway,

also pass this youtube video title on for your neice to watch:

ARTHRITIS: Is Your Diet Causing It? [Or Making It Worse?]

Honored Contributor

I had an IM gauze jacket that was huge on me in size Large I was able to find the same jacket in a Medium on EBay

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.