Esteemed Contributor

Ebay Situation WITH PACKAGE DELIVERY

I bought seven items on Ebay... all skirts... great price and really nice seller from Thailand who I had bought from before. Got four items in one package the other day.... US Mail, signed for it and there was a tracking number.

Opened the package and four items NOT THERE. IT WAS SENT IN ANOTHER PACKAGE, BUT SAME TRACKING NUMBER APPARENTLY.

No idea how something can be tracked if it is already delivered AND SCANNED. I signed for the one package thinking all seven items were inside. No such luck.

I WROTE THEM AND THEY COULD NOT REALLY EXPLAIN IT.

ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE....

Honored Contributor

Re: Ebay Situation WITH PACKAGE DELIVERY

so you bought 7 total items but you only received 3 out of 7?

how long has it been and did the seller offer a refund?

if not, open a case with paypal so they can resolve the matter if the seller is unwilling to refund you for the missing items.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

So sorry. I don't do Ebay for just that reason, although a lot here do successfully. You just don't know who you're dealing with.

Esteemed Contributor

I have purchased from this seller before. She wrote me 10 times trying to help me, trying to figure it out. Her English is good and we communicated well. It is just crazy. Two packages, one tracking number. I signed for the one. How was I to know that part was not there. I am going to wait and see this week. Today no mail because of the holiday. Perhaps tomorrow.

I am going to approach her later if it does not come in and insist she does something. The catch.... the tracking number was tracked to me and scanned as received. Touchy situation. I did not get all of it. True but I cannot believe more than half was missing. Not sure if Ebay will help me.

I do trust Ebay. I have had very good luck with them over the years with any problem

Honored Contributor

Does the tracking note 1 of 2 packages? Sounds odd for there to only be 1 tracking # for 2 packages. I assume it was shipped post office since you said it's a holiday & no mail today. UPS is working today.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I don't think it's possible for 2 different packages to have the same tracking number- it seems like the seller might have accidentally used the same shipping label twice.

Honored Contributor

On 1/19/2015 ibb38 said:

I don't think it's possible for 2 different packages to have the same tracking number- it seems like the seller might have accidentally used the same shipping label twice.

I agree with ibb38. I'm a seller on eBay, and I'm sure you can't have one tracking # for two packages. She accidentally put the same tracking # in twice on her eBay shipments. If she kept her receipts, which she should always do, she can check the #'s and give you the correct tracking # for your second package.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Sometimes the Post Office messes up. My son sells on Ebay and the P.O. has marked packages as already delivered when he's in the process of mailing them.

Wait a few days, as others have suggested, then contact the seller.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree. Your seller put the same tracking number in twice. It is not possible to have one tracking number for two,different packages.
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/19/2015 insomniac said:

Sometimes the Post Office messes up. My son sells on Ebay and the P.O. has marked packages as already delivered when he's in the process of mailing them.

Wait a few days, as others have suggested, then contact the seller.

I would think that could be the case- but in this instance the same tracking number was on 2 different packages.