Respected Contributor

So I was reading another thread and the top in question has been identified, has low reviews but the poster said if it was on easy pay, they might try it.

Really?

So, if you don't have to put out the entire amount, it's OK to try even with bad reviews

Honored Contributor

Re: Easy Pay Thought

[ Edited ]

@Just Bling That would be me....Annabelle.  I said that and I meant it.

I don't need to explain, but I will.  I buy a lot of things on easy pay.  I'm between sizes (just keep getting fatter).  Often the item of clothing is too big or too small.

It goes back immediately.  I get it, try it on, if it works, I keep it, if not, I send it back.  This way I'm not out the full cost of the item (of clothing or shoes) right away.

Perhaps you don't know but if a person wants to they can go back to QVC and pay off the item that was on easy pay.  But now you know, right?

I'm surprised easy pay ....... well..surprised you when I posted it.  

Have a wonderful day (and I really mean it), not being facetious, as I wish it for everyone.

About the bad reviews.  Just because some don't care for it, doesn't necessarily mean I will hate it.  That doesn't make sense.

Those reviews are meant to help people judge what MIGHT or MIGHT NOT 'work' for them.  

Do you listen or follow what everyone else says or does?  I sure hope not. 

Honored Contributor

I don't see why not, that's an individual choice.   Putting out a smaller investment to start on an item you are interested in would be better, IMHO, than shelling out the entire purchase.

I have ordered things that others gave less than stellar reviews to and loved it!

What would concern me more would be taking a chance on losing the original shipping AND paying the return shipping.  That is a cost I try to avoid and therefore, now only try to order a 'sure' thing (if that is possible w/ QVC inconsistent sizings)

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling@Easy pay seems to make some people feel that they are getting a better deal as they need only make a small payment....I don’t understand the rational that something will be worth trying just because of the easy pay either but it appears to be an effective q strategy.

Honored Contributor

Good grief!  You have a problem with easy pay.  Again, did you know you can pay off any easy pay at any time.  I know this because I often do it.

If you need for me to I can explain how to do it.....please don't worry so much about easy pay, it's just not worth it.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@Just Bling@EASY pay seems to make some people feel that they are getting a better deal as they need only make a small payment....I don’t understand the rational that something will be worth trying just because of the easy pay either but it appears to be an effective q strategy.

Yes, agreed

Instead of giving us the best price possible, QVC dangles the "easy pay" offer like it makes up for paying more.

To each their own.

Use Easy Pay or not, no one has to explain.

Honored Contributor

Re: Easy Pay Thought

[ Edited ]

@Just Bling wrote:

So I was reading another thread and the top in question has been identified, has low reviews but the poster said if it was on easy pay, they might try it.

Really?

So, if you don't have to put out the entire amount, it's OK to try even with bad reviews

@Just Bling  I don’t always go by the reviews when I make a purchase. Sometimes the person hasn’t even received the item yet, washed it not according to directions, judging the item on their personal taste or fit, etc. 

Addressing your comments on easy pay in the kindest way possible, it’s really not your concern how someone else chooses to pay for their purchases.

Honored Contributor

Easy pay is nothing more than an incentive for purchasing more items without maxing the credit card with the entire amount.I think that encourages additional purchases from us.

Respected Contributor

I don't have a problem with anything and especially with Easy Pay.

I was just thinking if the Q strategy pays off for them, basic, simple and wondering what their customers think.

When I used it and returned an item, by the time I got my credit, they already charged the 2nd payment so I felt it wasn't quite worth it but of course that's my opinion.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling, there are only 3 reviews on that top.  Yes they are poor reviews but still, 3 reviews. 

I am more willing to try something if it's on easy pay than shelling out an entire amount for something that might be a dud.  I'm not sure why, just the way it is.

I'm not even sure why this would be an issue for anyone?  It doesn't affect me at all. 

FWIW, I've bought items that had hundreds of reviews with an average of 4+ stars and sent the items back because they were horrible.  I've also bought items with poor reviews I've loved.  You just never know.