QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is against standards

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday  My response was mostly for those that stated: "So wearing daisy duke shorts, halter tops, pajama bottoms and flip flops to church is okay because it's not a fashion show. I have seen this plenty of times and that is why I know longer attend that place of worship. They have no respect for the Lord whatsoever"  and

"Sad that people don’t dress for church anymore, especially on holidays. "

It should not matter what anyone wears and it's what is in their heart and the reason they are in church!  

Although, it was a bit odd a  post being titled Easter Services and was all about what anyone wore and what "caught their eye" fashionwise.     

Honored Contributor

It was exhilarating to see people there, many turned out in their best.  What caught my eye were some women in soft, pretty sweaters (it was still a bit coolish) and flowing, graceful skirts.  One very sweet member of the praise team, a lovely singer, was dressed similarly.  She has very striking, ash blonde hair to her shoulders-- the most ashy blond shade you can imagine.  So striking.

I wore a knee length navy skirt, strappy pumps, fitted white shirt, and a grassy green, slubby jacket.  Luckily I have a couple of sparkly necklaces, different lengths, with tiny glass beads in both blue and green, to tie my outfit colors together...

Honored Contributor

Re: Easter Services....

[ Edited ]

@Pook wrote:

Dressing what some call "respectful" is not the ticket to heaven!!!!!

@Pook   Christians know what the ticket is.  Dressing respectfully for reverent services is never wrong.  I choose not to discuss this further.  It would be sacrilege.  

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@kittyloo wrote:

we relocated last year. new church etc. we have been doing quite a few different things at this church. 

this morning a commet was made "where's your purple?"  i'm like, huh?  is that the color of the day, and i missed it? 

well, no, but it's easter. huh?  ok. another thing i had not heard of. anyone else?

@kittyloo 

purple represents bruising, suffering, and sorrow. it also represents royalty.

Interesting.  In liturgical churches, purple is the color of Lent, but white is the color for Easter.

Honored Contributor

I am a soloist in my choir so I always dress up for church. Most people I saw were in dresses, skirts, pretty tops & sweaters, suits or nice pants & shirts with ties. 

Here is a photo of the knee length wrap dress I wore with a black camisole & nude pumps. I carried a blush tone purse and wore an ivory faux leather jacket since it was a cold morning. I removed the jacket in church. 

489B7926-27D6-402D-BF74-57B8E825DF16.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@panda1234 wrote:

Sad that people don’t dress for church anymore, especially on holidays. 

i dont find it sad at all.

people are there to worship, to join together, to celebrate, to remember, to learn......they are there to share their hearts and souls......it isnt a fashion show.

My view is that if you would dress nicely for a job interview you should dress nicely for church.  It isn't about being a fashion show to me.  It is a matter of respect.  You don't have to wear something fancy or expensive, but just be dressed nicely.  Not yoga pants and flip flops like you just rolled out of bed. 

@Sooner 

2 totally different situations and experiences.

you are not being "hired" by a church. you are there to share your faith and love and friendship.

i do believe that many people can be respectful, civil, devoted, and worship in a church no matter what they are wearing. just because someone is in flip flops doesnt make them any more or less faithful than someone wearing an expensive designer dress.

@sunshine45 I agree that everyone has a different reason for going to church, and that those can be many different things.  My reason to go to church is to worship--and to me that means dessing in a respectful way.  To me, it is more important than a job interview to show my respect for the one I worship.

And I never said a word about expensive designer dresses.  I wear pants to church 80 percent of the time.  But they are nice and I am careful about the way I look out of respect, reverence and love.  I want to be on my best because I want to convey that feeling of respect to every one. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@panda1234 wrote:

people are there to worship, to join together, to celebrate, to remember, to learn......they are there to share their hearts and souls......it isnt a fashion show.

My view is that if you would dress nicely for a job interview you should dress nicely for church.  It isn't about being a fashion show to me.  It is a matter of respect.  You don't have to wear something fancy or expensive, but just be dressed nicely.  Not yoga pants and flip flops like you just rolled out of bed. 

@Sooner 

you are not being "hired" by a church. you are there to share your faith and love and friendship.

i do believe that many people can be respectful, civil, devoted, and worship in a church no matter what they are wearing. just because someone is in flip flops doesnt make them any more or less faithful than someone wearing an expensive designer dress.

@sunshine45 I agree that everyone has a different reason for going to church, and that those can be many different things.  My reason to go to church is to worship--and to me that means dessing in a respectful way.  To me, it is more important than a job interview to show my respect for the one I worship.

And I never said a word about expensive designer dresses.  I wear pants to church 80 percent of the time.  But they are nice and I am careful about the way I look out of respect, reverence and love.  I want to be on my best because I want to convey that feeling of respect to every one. 

@Sooner 

hopefully we can agree to disagree. Smiley Happy

i dont question someones faith or reverence in church if they choose come in in jeans and a tank top and flip flops.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Had a hard time figuring out what to wear, what with our crazy Michigan temps going up and down, plus I was reading during the service, plus our ladies fellowship group had a breakfast for the congregation after the sunrise service. Black pants, black sleeveless top, and black and white patterned jacket. 

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@panda1234 wrote:

@Sooner 

@Sooner 

hopefully we can agree to disagree. Smiley Happy

i dont question someones faith or reverence in church if they choose come in in jeans and a tank top and flip flops.

@sunshine45   Certainly we can agree to disagree.  I expressed my thoughts and why and how I feel.  Nothing more.