Super Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

...what did you wear?  What did you see someone else wearing that caught your eye?

I actually wore a 9 year old Ralph Lauren wrap style dress in a ivory and black floral print. Instead of black pumps, I wore nude pumps. I felt great in the outfit. 

My 25 year old daughter wore a lovely dress as well.

We went to a packed 12 noon Catholic mass . I was saddened to see how few women were “ dressed Up”. Most wore very casual clothes including jeans.  Very very, few looked like they were going out for a special occasion. Even the little girls were dressed casually. 

When my daughter was little, she was always in her Easter finery. I guess this is a sign of the times! 

Sigh....

Valued Contributor

A pale pink lace a-line dress with bell sleeves, black Anne Klein pumps with a 2" chunky heel, nylons (yep -- I don't like bare legs), a pink Coach handbag and wallet, and a pearl necklace, ring, bracelet and earrings. I'm a music director at my church, so when I got there I covered the whole thing with my choir robe. LOL

Respected Contributor

@kittyloo   some churches drape the Cross with Purple drapes from Ash Wednesday to Maundy Thursday. Good Friday through Saturday the cross is draped in black and Easter Sunday Cross is draped in White.

Valued Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Some people think of church as a fashion show - what they themselves wear and what others wear.  It's as if they're walking the runway when they walk down the aisle. 

I have never ever seen this in any church I have ever belonged to or served. 

Trusted Contributor
It’s not about fashion but rather taking a few extra minutes to look a little extra special in respect of a religious ceremony, a theater performance, a funeral, etc. Those days just seem to be gone.
Honored Contributor

Dressing what some call "respectful" is not the ticket to heaven!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Black pants, a deep purple duster with a Logo top under it. Old lady shoes in black. The day started out cool but it warmed up quickly.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@panda1234 wrote:

Sad that people don’t dress for church anymore, especially on holidays. 

i dont find it sad at all.

people are there to worship, to join together, to celebrate, to remember, to learn......they are there to share their hearts and souls......it isnt a fashion show.

My view is that if you would dress nicely for a job interview you should dress nicely for church.  It isn't about being a fashion show to me.  It is a matter of respect.  You don't have to wear something fancy or expensive, but just be dressed nicely.  Not yoga pants and flip flops like you just rolled out of bed. 

Valued Contributor

@kittyloo - My friend's mom is a Pastor.  She always has a little purple something with her.  She told me purple represents royality and Christ is King.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@panda1234 wrote:

Sad that people don’t dress for church anymore, especially on holidays. 

i dont find it sad at all.

people are there to worship, to join together, to celebrate, to remember, to learn......they are there to share their hearts and souls......it isnt a fashion show.

My view is that if you would dress nicely for a job interview you should dress nicely for church.  It isn't about being a fashion show to me.  It is a matter of respect.  You don't have to wear something fancy or expensive, but just be dressed nicely.  Not yoga pants and flip flops like you just rolled out of bed. 

@Sooner 

2 totally different situations and experiences.

you are not being "hired" by a church. you are there to share your faith and love and friendship.

i do believe that many people can be respectful, civil, devoted, and worship in a church no matter what they are wearing. just because someone is in flip flops doesnt make them any more or less faithful than someone wearing an expensive designer dress.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein