Esteemed Contributor

@Nonametoday  My Son’s Church is casual so I wore D& Co grey knit pants with a Bob Mackie grey top with a white parrot design with shades of rose and aqua. Black with touches of aqua sling back Vionic shoes from QVC and a light taupe Coach purse.

I always wear a cross to Church so among many chose a sterling with Hematite from QVC. Diamond angel wing ring and turquoise ring from QVC

Adults were dressed in pants and dresses but the cutest were the little girls in frilly dresses. 

They take family photos at Easter that are free and watching the families was fun. Three little sisters has floral dresses and Mom’s matched. 

Lots of florals there today.

I got two complements on my top that was a lunchtime special with free shipping!

Honored Contributor

I have enjoyed reading all these and saw in my imagination the outfits you wore and what you witnessed.  It was fun.  I hope others will continue to share.  

I do have a vivid imagination.  I like to imagine you by your names, the ways you post and the things you say you wear and I feel as though we have bonded.  

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@panda1234 wrote:

Sad that people don’t dress for church anymore, especially on holidays. 

i dont find it sad at all.

people are there to worship, to join together, to celebrate, to remember, to learn......they are there to share their hearts and souls......it isnt a fashion show.

@sunshine45  You are absolutely right, this is not a fashion show. I was raised that dressing your best when in the Lord’s house is just being respectful. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

It's not about what anywhere wears - it's what is in your heart and not on your body!  I think it's more disrespectful to criticize what others choose to wear to church.  If everyone were to go for the purpose intended then no one would notice or care what fashions others wore!!

Respected Contributor

@Pook wrote:

It's not about what anywhere wears - it's what is in your heart and not on your body!  I think it's more disrespectful to criticize what others choose to wear to church.  If everyone were to go for the purpose intended then no one would notice or care what fashions others wore!!

Agree.  Whenever I go to church it's for the purpose of worship and not showing off a particular fashion.

Honored Contributor

To some people it is all about the clothes. We were eating in our favorite spot, and a lady came up to my husband and told him he looked  extra nice

He said, well I just got out of church services. She was horrified and  told him you should never wear anything but a suit and tie to church

We just looked at her... casual dress is  what everyone wears. Everyone is welcome too. We have people off the streets come to worship , and they would never be turned away , or made to feel bad, because they weren't wearing a suit

Respected Contributor

Re: Easter Services....

[ Edited ]

I wore a Isacc Mizrahi Stretch Lace Short Sleeve Dress A288082 (BTW, there are three sizes left in black XXS, XS, and S for $15 now). It looks nice and feels nice. However, my purse zipper caught the lace of my dress two times while I was wearing it. I think next time I wear it, I will have to choose purses with no exposed hardware.

I saw many ladies at church with nice floral blouses that looked very nice.  And I saw several man with their crisp purple shirts that I thought looked fabulous.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Easter Services....

[ Edited ]

@HiLo wrote:

@Pook wrote:

Agree.  Whenever I go to church it's for the purpose of worship and not showing off a particular fashion.

I do always try to look my best, especially going to church.  I think DH and I were well dressed for Easter.  Who cares what I wore?  Or who designed it?  As retired folks, I love to see young families, kids of all ages.  And one distraction I try to work on - cute babies and toddlers.  Wish I could hug them all.  As long as everyone is respectfully dressed, I don’t pay much attention.  To each, their own.  Not saying I am a saint here, just my opinion.  It’s hard to stay grounded, and I struggle sometimes.

Honored Contributor

Some people think of church as a fashion show - what they themselves wear and what others wear.  It's as if they're walking the runway when they walk down the aisle. 

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't wear anything new or springy/Easterish.  Black dress Pants with a tunic in black, white, Light and Royal Blue stripes.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown