Honored Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

we relocated last year. new church etc. we have been doing quite a few different things at this church. 

this morning a commet was made "where's your purple?"  i'm like, huh?  is that the color of the day, and i missed it? 

well, no, but it's easter. huh?  ok. another thing i had not heard of. anyone else?

@kittyloo 

purple represents bruising, suffering, and sorrow. it also represents royalty.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Easter Services....

[ Edited ]

@panda1234 wrote:

Sad that people don’t dress for church anymore, especially on holidays. 

@panda1234   It was a better day for dressing than usual at  my church although most people do dress very nicely but the college kids on regular Sundays do not always dress as well as they might, but college has brought them a different dress code and busy days and nights and I am just glad they make it to church.  Today, most of the college and high school girls had on their Easter dresses and many ladies too.  I did not.  I do not buy a dress each year for Easter.  I wear something I already have and try to wear a brooch or scarf, etc., marking the occasion.  Today,I wore a grey tweed  sleeveless dress, gray heels, pink pearls, matching earrings, pink jacket and pink scarf.  I wore a long sterling silver necklace with a cross enhancer.

I had never worn that dress to church before.  I bought it for an occasion last spring/summer and though it needed altering, I wore it one time with a jacket over it so that it did not appear to need altering.  I left it hang in closet for severalmonths before I took it to be altered and then it was too late in the season last year to wear it, so I took it to cleaners a couple weeks ago and pulled it out today with a jacket again due to the very cold weather and I don't like people to see my flappy upper arms.

Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@panda1234 wrote:

Sad that people don’t dress for church anymore, especially on holidays. 

@panda1234   It was a better day for dressing than usual at  my church although most people do dress very nicely but the college kids on regular Sundays do not always dress as well as they might, but college has brought them a different dress code and busy days and nights and I am just glad they make it to church.  Today, most of the college and high school girls had on their Easter dresses and many ladies too.  I did not.  I do not buy a dress each year for Easter.  I wear something I already have and try to wear a brooch or scarf, etc., marking the occasion.  Today,I wore a grey tweed  sleeveless dress, gray heels, pink pearls, matching earrings, pink jacket and pink scarf.  I wore a long sterling silver necklace with a cross enhancer.

I had never worn that dress to church before.  I bought it for an occasion last spring/summer and though it needed altering, I wore it one time with a jacket over it so that it did not appear to need altering.  I left it hang in closet for severalmonths before I took it to be altered and then it was too late in the season last year to wear it, so I took it to cleaners a couple weeks ago and pulled it out today with a jacket again due to the very cold weather and I don't like people to see my flappy upper arms.

@Nonametoday  Your outfit sounds lovely. I do not bare arms either.....no one wants to see that. And I am with you regarding the college kids, you just want them to attend.

Valued Contributor

On March 23rd the TSV was Attitudes by Renee, set of 2 Como Jersey Maxi dresses. I ordered the brown/white polka dot which came with a solid tan dress.

Today, I wore the brown/white polka dot with a bright white Isaac cardigan, coral colored flats and coral belt, gold jewelry, and a tan Michael Kors handbag.  The handbag I have had for several months.

The dress is very comfortable and it looked great with the coral.

I didn't buy it for Easter, but late last night I decided I would wear it.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

...what did you wear?  What did you see someone else wearing that caught your eye?

I wore a  cute pink dress from OSO Casual from Evine, A charm bracelet from Gems En Vogue from Evine, Sandals from Tony Little from HSN, Huggie earrings from Joan Boyce from HSN.  And my Dooney purse with Pansies all over it.  A really cut one.  I rmember I got it from Q on Easy Pay over 5 years ago.  I think this was  the second time I carried it.

I noticed one lady with a aqua blue maxi with a lovely delicate white crochet duster over it and had white sandals. She looked lovely.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45  So wearing daisy duke shorts, halter tops, pajama bottoms and flip flops to church is okay because it's not a fashion show. I have seen this plenty of times and that is why I know longer attend that place of worship. They have no respect for the Lord whatsoever Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@cactusgal wrote:

@sunshine45  So wearing daisy duke shorts, halter tops, pajama bottoms and flip flops to church is okay because it's not a fashion show. I have seen this plenty of times and that is why I know longer attend that place of worship. They have no respect for the Lord whatsoever Woman Frustrated

@cactusgal 

no, that is not important to me and would not stop me from going to my place of worship. i totally understand that not everyone will feel like i do. it only matters to me that there are others there who want to share in my experience and faith.

i remember when i was in college and we had services on sunday evenings. everyone "came as they were." it did not matter what anyone was wearing, but it did matter that they were there to join together in faith.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@JCF wrote:

On March 23rd the TSV was Attitudes by Renee, set of 2 Como Jersey Maxi dresses. I ordered the brown/white polka dot which came with a solid tan dress.

Today, I wore the brown/white polka dot with a bright white Isaac cardigan, coral colored flats and coral belt, gold jewelry, and a tan Michael Kors handbag.  The handbag I have had for several months.

The dress is very comfortable and it looked great with the coral.

I didn't buy it for Easter, but late last night I decided I would wear it.

@JCF   Glad you reported on that polka dot dress.  I almost got that.  Now that I hear you liked it, I wish I had.  I always think too long and usually wrong.  ;-)Man Happy

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw a couple of yellow outfits,nice and cheery and few floral skirts. My younger friend had on a cute straight dress, sleeveless with a ruffle at the bottom, cream colored background with a few light colored flowers here and there. She wore a a jacket that matched the few flowers in her dress. She looked nice 

It was chilly here today but I wanted a spring look. I didn't want to go two flashy since I was going to lead the choir today.  So I had this sheer embroidered coverlet I wore over a Lacey blouse with a skirt in the same color.  I wore comfortable shoes since I would be standing a while. Just so happen I had bought a Brahmin bag a few weeks back that matched everything. 

IMG_6376.JPG

Honored Contributor

I wore SG's lustra knit pants in navy, a white turtlenecck shirt, and a Chico's Travelers print jacket in shades of blue and gray / white - with blue collar and cuffs.  Shiny black rubber rain shoes ... puddles after the rain and didn't want to ruin any shoes.

People in our Parish generally "dress" for Mass ... even during weekday Masses.