Super Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@author  Yes!  A great post.  You said it better than me.  I have a tendancy to go on and on.

I don't know why whomever decides these things thinks just because I have big hip, my arms are hanging below my knees.  One doesn't have anything to do with the other.

As you so beautifully said, I also have to get bigger for my hips (my belly is too big too), but my arm length has not grown.

Why is it Linea seems to understand this.  You should have seen the Bob Mackie top I tried on earlier!  I folded it back and out of curosity I measured the folded up part of the sleeve.  It was 2 1/2 inches folded over!

I put it back in the bag and it's going back tomorrow.  So now I have to pay $6.95 plus the extra $3 I just found out to send it back.  Let's add this up.  So it cost me $3 plus shipping, plus another $3 and $6.95 all because the sleeves were way, way too long!

Can you believe, there was a time when I actually would cut off the sleeves and hem them myself (I can do that because I have several sewing machines and know how to do it).  But I'm old now and don't want to bother.  Mostly though because the sleeve length keeps getting longer and longer.

I'm convinced it's because these sleeves are cut for all the same garments.  That way no one has sleeves that are too short.  I guess that's why?

@Annabellethecat66  I think you may be right about one-sleeve-used -for-all.

Before you send that top back, maybe your local tailor could shorten the sleeves for the same amount you would lose if you return it. Then at least you would still have the top, and keep the $ in your community and give a local person some work.

Super Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Annabellethecat66Our sweaters came in with unsually long sleeves that came to the end of my finger tips!  I've never bought petite--until now!!!Smiley Happy

Good grief!  I'm  5' 6" which isn't considered short!!!!  I would love to have @AmericanBulldogMom 's height!!!Smiley Happy

@ECBG  I have seen women wearing the sleeves down onto their hands in fashion magazines, like this is some kind of new style for trashy rich people.

I think it’s a trendy style, whether people are so-called “trashy” or “rich” or not.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 I am one of those people that takes the time to check the garment measurements before I order anything online. 😉

@AmericanBulldogMom.  Me too!  If i'm in a hurry or the item may sell out, I go ahead and place my order, then check the measurements, cancelling if necessary.  I really hate going to the post office and will go to any length to avoid it.

@Kachina624 , I agree. I will always make time to save time later. The "click here" is, literally, one additional click. 

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Respected Contributor

Sorry you're short, but I am tall (not a monkey as suggested) and I'm happy to see longer sleeves. 

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Annabellethecat66Our sweaters came in with unsually long sleeves that came to the end of my finger tips!  I've never bought petite--until now!!!Smiley Happy

Good grief!  I'm  5' 6" which isn't considered short!!!!  I would love to have @AmericanBulldogMom 's height!!!Smiley Happy

@ECBG  I have seen women wearing the sleeves down onto their hands in fashion magazines, like this is some kind of new style for trashy rich people.

Huh?