Esteemed Contributor
A.G. Very insightful and I agree. I have known Isaac personally for years...he is supportive of many charitable organizations, quietly, but especially devoted to breast/ovarian cancer causes. I don't know if he had a female family member or friend who suffered from such cancers or maybe because his clients are mostly women. He gives generously to animal rescue organizations and tho a wealthy man, he owns 2 rescues, Harry and Dean. Dean was rescued at Kennedy Aurport I think by his husband. But, aside from that, he is a kind and sensitive human being and would not be hurtful or nasty to anyone. I find his knowledge of textiles, prints and just the history of fashion quite fascinating and he is the only designer who goes into such depth and I enjoy all of his presentations. I would put George Simington in the category as well. As for Dennis Basso, maybe Shawn does have a friendship with him and does not mind him in her personal space but he does it to the models as well....I find it inappropriate and creepy and I do think he should be corrected in that respect.
New Contributor
I have stopped watching Monday nights. It's too much of the same. No variety. Also, making all the models wear sunglasses is sort of creepy. The hosts seem a bit manic except of course for Pat D. and Jane Brown. They are easy going and fun. Very relatable.
Honored Contributor
Have never been able to watch Isaac and Shawn together; the contest to see who can outpriss the other is exhausting to watch for me!
Respected Contributor

I think everyone is reading too much into this. We have a new QVC, going for the fashion forward, on trend, new and fresh women. Shawn does a terrific job with anyone she is paired with. She has that certain shoosh.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Highlighted
Contributor
I'm with you -watching Isaac and Shawn together is like fingernails on blackboard - , cringe inspiring, awful! Have to change the channel.
Trusted Contributor

This entire thread is askew from the OP's opening statement. and may I say that QBCV did not lose all class, etc. when Robertson walked out the door.

For instance, Mary Beth Roe has more class, manners, and upbringing than LR could buy with all of her money. You all just adored her "priss" factor.

Lisa Mason has the background as well. They just don't put on the "airs" and pretense that Lisa did.

and none of this has anything to do with turning this into a slam against Dennis Basso. But he and Shawn have been friends since before QVC. And don't forget he designed and created her wedding dress when she married Joe, and he coordinated his clothes and did a few things for the decor of the wedding.

You are misreading old friends playing around together as something tawdry. Get your minds out of the gutter. and stop trying always to put down others at the Q.

Super Contributor
Yammy strikes again! You keep those pesky posters in line. Dirty job, but someone has to do it, right?
Esteemed Contributor
I find the new line up an improvement. Without bashing the previous host, it depends what your definition of "class" is and LR was not mine. But, she was a great saleswoman because she sold that idea to many viewers. You may not like Isaac but he is humble, funny and sweet but more importantly, he gives of his time and money to causes that support women and animals, quietly. He is a respected designer who has many celebrity clients but one of his many professional goals was to provide designs to people who may not be able to pay $20,000 for a dress. I imagine he finds it fun to be on QVC away from his demanding clientele and he seems to really enjoy interacting with the callers. I have known this man many years and he has never changed. Isaac is comfortable in his own skin, wears what he wants and is very spontaneous and not a bit narcissistic. Isaac is an icon and a legend in American fashion. LR was a saleswoman and far as I can see, has done nothing to improve the lives of others nor has she given of her time to any cause since retirement, other than her Facebook, I understand. Isaac, to me, defines class.
Valued Contributor

LR was one of the hosts that I liked, along with many of the other "old timers", but I am not a fashionista, so I couldn't really relate to her fashion style.
Now that she's gone; however, I miss her. I follow her FB page and enjoy her posts.

I can only take Shawn in small doses, but I love her with Isaac and tune in Mondays to watch them. I think they're a riot together!

There are hosts that I like, hosts that I REALLY don't and some that are just "meh". The fact that no one really agrees on hosts is testimony to QVC hiring a broadly diverse group of salespeople. After all, this is a SHOPPING channel. They have to cast a wide net and that means different personalities.
Personally, if there is a host I don't like on (or a personality representing a vendor) I watch on mute, go to QVC.com, or simply, turn the tv off and go outside! *gasp*Wink

Frequent Contributor

Love Shawn but she tries to hard to sell. She is on the Talk Soup evey week due to over-selling. She has two of everything and always takes every item on her many vacations. Lisa always looked in the monitors and 5th Ave everything. I just missed the Q days when we got measurements, saw clothing details without all the hype. The new return policy has made me stop taking a chance on items that are not shown or reviewed.