Valued Contributor

I have the same problem. I have some luck shopping petites at JCP and Kohls but the selection is usually limited.  I do recommend LLBean for casual - they carry petites and the quality is excellent - plus ALWAYS FREE SHIPPING.

Honored Contributor

Re: ENOUGH TUNICS

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

I used to feel that way but now I've gotten so used to them I find myself preferring tunics....just as long as they aren't too long for my short frame.

@haddon9

I agree, I'm only 5'3", so they can't be too long or they're a 'dress' on me, LOL!

Me too!  Well I used to be 5'3" but now I'm 5'2.5"  Smiley Happy

@haddon9

LOL! I used to be almost 5'4", we're both shrinking!

Soon, I won't be able to reach any upper shelves in the grocery store!

Haha!  I already find it frustrating when they place items that I need up top!  I can usually find someone friendly and tall nearby.

I have to try some stretching exercises...maybe hang upside down.  I wonder if thaat would help at all?

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

I used to feel that way but now I've gotten so used to them I find myself preferring tunics....just as long as they aren't too long for my short frame.

@haddon9

I agree, I'm only 5'3", so they can't be too long or they're a 'dress' on me, LOL!

@haddon9

Haha!  I already find it frustrating when they place items that I need up top!  I can usually find someone friendly and tall nearby.

I have to try some stretching exercises...maybe hang upside down.  I wonder if thaat would help at all?

@haddon9

I finally resorted to taking my 'grabby thingy' to reach the upper shelves, LOL!

I have osteoporosis in my spine, so I don't think I'll try the 'upside down stretching thing'!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@periwinklerocket wrote:

And it is all about you. Don't shop if they don't have what you want. There are plenty of other places to shop. 

Lol another WHINE & COMPLAIN POST BY THE OP!  Guess the family is getting a break today lol

A simple search on Q pulls up hundreds of tshirts, button down tops and other styles. Plentiful here, other online sites and b&m

i just picked up a variety of new tops from Anthropology. Lulu, IMAN and marla wynne. I also like the tops from Halston, Lisa Rinna & GILI from Q. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

Talbots has shorter tops.  Ann Taylor and Banana Republic and J Crew all have shorter tops.

I prefer longer tops, and therefore, I can't find too much in the way of clothing that I like at those stores.  I have found a few Banana pieces longer, but J Crew often has really cute shorter tops!  Check there!

@winamac1 - plenty of options! The OP likes to post complaints. I see them almost every time I sign in. Chronic whiner 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

Belk has a boatload of Petite tops. Also as someone wrote, LLBean who sells regular tee's, pima cotton and free S&H.

I used to be 5'4", Smiley Happy, and tunics are too long and too much volume. Not interested in swingy maternity tops....

Regular Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@periwinklerocket wrote:

And it is all about you. Don't shop if they don't have what you want. There are plenty of other places to shop. 

Lol another WHINE & COMPLAIN POST BY THE OP!  Guess the family is getting a break today lol

A simple search on Q pulls up hundreds of tshirts, button down tops and other styles. Plentiful here, other online sites and b&m

i just picked up a variety of new tops from Anthropology. Lulu, IMAN and marla wynne. I also like the tops from Halston, Lisa Rinna & GILI from Q. 

@Chi-town girl I think posters piling on @periwinklerocket misunderstood her exasperation at a whiney pattern.  This post by periwinklerocket in a 'Wellness' thread:

"May I comment on one more thing. This board has turned into the gripe and complain board because everything isn't done my way. Check yourselves ladies.

You don't like the hosts hair, you think the host doesn't wear makeup to your liking, the host talks too fast for you or not fast enough, the host is too animated or not enough, you don't like the product on so often or not often enough, you hate cropped pants and no one therefore shoul wear them or cold shoulder tops or Denim and Co, etc etc.

Lrt me clue you in in case you missed it. The world doesn't revolve around you. Your snarky rude comments hurt other who might like whatever.

How about a little positivity for a refreshing change. Remember you don't have to watch or wear or see what you don't like. Now I feel better been wanting to say this for a long time. Have a great day."

Regular Contributor

I like a variety of styles including tunics.

Jmo, tunic style is faster & cheaper to make. Thus the proliferation. Same with cuffed sleeve vs sleeves with no cuff........cheaper to manufacture.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

@haddon9

@haddon9

@haddon9

I finally resorted to taking my 'grabby thingy' to reach the upper shelves, LOL!

I have osteoporosis in my spine, so I don't think I'll try the 'upside down stretching thing'!

Too funny!  My 90 year old mom has one of those....I'm not far behind! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@OceanDreamer wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@periwinklerocket wrote:

@Chi-town girl I think posters piling on @periwinklerocket misunderstood her exasperation at a whiney pattern.  This post by periwinklerocket in a 'Wellness' thread:

"May I comment on one more thing. This board has turned into the gripe and complain board because everything isn't done my way. Check yourselves ladies.

You don't like the hosts hair, you think the host doesn't wear makeup to your liking, the host talks too fast for you or not fast enough, the host is too animated or not enough, you don't like the product on so often or not often enough, you hate cropped pants and no one therefore shoul wear them or cold shoulder tops or Denim and Co, etc etc.

Lrt me clue you in in case you missed it. The world doesn't revolve around you. Your snarky rude comments hurt other who might like whatever.

How about a little positivity for a refreshing change. Remember you don't have to watch or wear or see what you don't like. Now I feel better been wanting to say this for a long time. Have a great day."

@OceanDreamer - ah, I didn't see the exchange in Wellness, nor will I waste my time looking for it. Thx for reposting it here.

I agree with @periwinklerocket. Those ripping into her are most likely the daily resident complainers Woman LOL

It's really noticeable when you are gone for awhile and log in only to see multiple whiney threads about Q or their families or their ailments or death notices popping up on the main page....ugghhh.

This is a shopping forum,. Now back to shopping Woman Tongue