Esteemed Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

This is a streetview from December in California.  Here in NYC I see lots of joggers too, but more jeans and leggings than in this picture.  I meant to post the picture earlier, but this seems like an appropriate thread:

Streeetview in California 2020-12-02 at 7.12.41 PM.png

What's your point?  And yes, I'm being sensitive about people being all judgy about CA.  

This looks like a group of people gathered for some shared purpose, not a typical street scene.

Some of us here in CA do actually wear jeans and trousers too, just so you know.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

How many pair of joggers do we need? Let's see some lightweight summer slacks/pants so we can stop w/ the leisure clothing. I've "leisured" for a year and would like to see alternatives.

Amen. Nuf said! 👍

Respected Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

Has anyone ever seen any actual people that are jogging wearing this style of pant?  The name is silly...  It's like old-fashioned sweatpants from 20 years ago, when they 1st came out!  The style gets stuck up on my legs and gives me leg-banded look. Not cute. I don't get it...

Not only don't I see them on actual runners in my area (CT)...I've not really noticed anyone wearing them around, period! ...maybe they wear them in their homes, if at all...just to lounge in.

Honored Contributor

No matter where other people wear them, I wear them nowhere because I won't buy them.    Hate having to keep pulling the ankle cuffs down.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Caligurll wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

This is a streetview from December in California.  Here in NYC I see lots of joggers too, but more jeans and leggings than in this picture.  I meant to post the picture earlier, but this seems like an appropriate thread:

Streeetview in California 2020-12-02 at 7.12.41 PM.png

What's your point?  And yes, I'm being sensitive about people being all judgy about CA.  

This looks like a group of people gathered for some shared purpose, not a typical street scene.

Some of us here in CA do actually wear jeans and trousers too, just so you know.

I have no doubt.  My point was that the pants are popular.   Not complicated.  The people were not gathered.  It was a line for covid testing.

I find it interesting, what people actually choose to wear.  The New York Times used to run a weekly feature On the Street by legendary photographer Bill Cunningham, how I miss him!  He was a fashion photographer for over 40 years.  He went around NYC on his bike to find his subjects.

This is him.  I am posting a link to a feature about him the NY Times ran after he died in 2016.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/27/fashion/bill-cunningham-looked-past-the-runway-and-embraced-the-s...

Trusted Contributor

I agree, ok, I live in Florida, but even when it's chilly I've never actually seen anyone wear the style they call "joggers."

Honored Contributor

@lizzief wrote:

I agree, ok, I live in Florida, but even when it's chilly I've never actually seen anyone wear the style they call "joggers."

@lizzief 

I too am in Florida and while they clearly sell a lot of joggers I rarely  see them. What I do see, regardless of cool or warm weather, is leggings! Leggings leggings everywhere! I don't get it especially when it's warm out because they're knit and close fitting .

And now of course lots of capris and shorts

Super Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

How many pair of joggers do we need? Let's see some lightweight summer slacks/pants so we can stop w/ the leisure clothing. I've "leisured" for a year and would like to see alternatives.

Each time I see a pair of these "joggers" I think of I dream of Jeannie...no thanks.

Super Contributor
I feel like alot of the newer brands look like something I'd find at Target so why order here and wait 3 weeks? Pay for return? Nothing special about joggers and tees sorry. I like the joggers styles that are not knit, more elevated and have ordered. The shape works for me but knit jammies no.... enough please!
Honored Contributor

@kimsu1 wrote:
I feel like alot of the newer brands look like something I'd find at Target so why order here and wait 3 weeks? Pay for return? Nothing special about joggers and tees sorry. I like the joggers styles that are not knit, more elevated and have ordered. The shape works for me but knit jammies no.... enough please!

@kimsu1 

What a difference a woven makes over a knit! The only pair I ever purchased was a G by Guiliana that was woven with a real zippered fly! I still wasn't sold on the banded ankle but the structure inherent in woven made them much less 'leisure wear'