Honored Contributor

Please add Lug & Ryka to my “enough already” list. They’re becoming the My Pillow & Dyson of the fashion shows.

Trusted Contributor

THANKS FOR MY MORNING LAUGH...LOL

RIGHT?  OH MYYYYY !

Honored Contributor

Amen to that @Shanus!  I have a sneaky suspicion that QVC or it's holding company has bought Lug.  When they buy a company, we're bombarded with their products.  Frankly, I don't find presentations of a piece of luggage to be scintillating.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Skididdy wrote:

THANKS FOR MY MORNING LAUGH...LOL

RIGHT?  OH MYYYYY !

@Skididdy. You’re welcome...any time. 😏

Esteemed Contributor

I think.......I read on here that Q did buy Lug.  It was one of the luggage/travel lines.  I don't watch them so not current on what's what on the Q.

Posting was in the past week - perhaps you can find it.

Honored Contributor

Re: ENOUGH ALREADY!

[ Edited ]

No, QVC did not purchase Lug.  The article that poster quoted had to write a correction that Lug is one of the brands presented by QVC, not owned by QVC.

Honored Contributor

I am not interested in Lug or Ryka. Maybe that is why they seem to be on so often. If popularity & profits wane then they will be discontinued. I remember other brands that were on often only to disappear forever: Kathy Van Zeeland and Bruce McKowsky (sp?) bags come to mind. It seemed to me they were on all the time. 

Honored Contributor

I thoroughly enjoy the Lugs lady, as well as the Ryka lady, so I don't mind how often the shows are on. Having said that, it doesn't seem to me that they are on any more than some other items.

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I thoroughly enjoy the Lugs lady, as well as the Ryka lady, so I don't mind how often the shows are on. Having said that, it doesn't seem to me that they are on any more than some other items.

@Krimpette

LUG must be doing well and qvc (and oprah) probably has something to do with that. they just opened their first stand alone store in BWI airport. they are also giving back to the community. when you bring in a gently used handbag or wallet they give you 10% off your purchase and donate the handbags/wallets to local charities.

it is nice to hear when small businesses succeed.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I have never purchased from either. I don't think that Ryka is on any more often than Clarks or Vionic though. Those 2 seem to be on quite a bit, don't you think?