Honored Contributor

ELLE's best dressed celebs of the week...

Do you agree with Elle's choices?

"Between red carpets and IRL sightings, here are the best dressed celebs of the week."

Screenshot_2019-03-03 Yahoo.png

Valued Contributor

Re: ELLE's best dressed celebs of the week...

No....

Trusted Contributor

Disagree.

Valued Contributor

There is not one I love. I like Kate's coat.....but still no LOVE.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Can't believe they chose Sarah Paulson. I love her but she needs a new stylist. Lupita is so gorgeous but I don't like that dress she wore to the Oscars.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

You know I remember reading once in one of my oldest daughter's fashion magazines that what's seen on the runway shouldn't be judged.  

Why?  Because most of the time we are usually walking around with some form of that runway garment.  

It's been changed, tweak (you name it) to look like...well, sometimes what we see in stores and QVC and HSN.

Now here (in my humble opinion) is the problem.....many of the pictured garments have not been 'tweeked, etc'. 

Let's face it.  Those wearing the pictured garments have gotten just what they wanted ....... their face, their name, all of it, is being photographed and talked about.

If it weren't for those who challenge our perception of what WE think looks good or bad...well...life would be boring..

I've come to admire and find something good in people who push the limit (as long as it's legal).

Honored Contributor

Duchess Kate is the only one on my best dressed list of the week.

Valued Contributor

In my opinion, Princess Kate and Lupita Nyong’o are a ‘yes’.  Since all these list are opinion and not fact I would like to throw in Lady Gaga’s Oscar dress, which was black, classy and appropriate with a racer back for sitting up at a piano and performing. If she had some strapless number on she may have been too self conscious about it slipping down or frequently pulling it up (a huge pet peeve of mine!).  I also thought Helen Mirren looked striking with her colorful pink chiffon dress.  The color was great near her face and with her white hair was an effective way to add color to her face without a lot of makeup.

A big miss for me was Charlize Theron’s blue gray dress.  It felt very casual and sporty. Glenn Close’s gold frock looked very heavy and I think she noted it on the red carpet.  

Valued Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  Your post reminds of the scene in “The Devil Wears Prada” when Meryl’s character tells Anne Hathaway’s character: 

I see. You think this has nothing to do with you. You go to your closet and you select… I don’t know… that lumpy blue sweater, for instance because you’re trying to tell the world that you take yourself too seriously to care about what you put on your back. But what you don’t know is that that sweater is not just blue, it’s not turquoise. It’s not lapis. It’s actually cerulean. And you’re also blithely unaware of the fact that in 2002, Oscar de la Renta did a collection of cerulean gowns

Honored Contributor

@ajsidney12 I pick Lady Gaga too, both of her black Oscar dresses. She said she saved black for the Oscars.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"