Respected Contributor

Re: E News Announced Lisa's Departure from QVC

Fashion Police with Lisa? No way.

NO ONE tuned into that show for the fashion....those shows are a dime a dozen & SO BORING. I mean really, who cares what the stars are wearing? It's fun on occasion, like after an awards show, but not on a weekly basis.

Fashion Police was all about Joan being completely jaw-droppingly irreverant. People tuned in to laugh on Friday nights. That show needs a main host with a LARGE personality, & an off-the-wall sense of humor.

I'm sure Melissa has already made her choice, & they're keeping it quiet. Creating constant buzz for the show is good publicity.

Trusted Contributor

Enough of that individual!

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Honored Contributor

On 10/12/2014 culebra said:

QVC is in 100 million households. Kathy Griffin is the new face of FAshion Police. She will be taking Joan's place. It remains to be seen if Kelly Osborne, George and Giuliana Rancic continue. Giuliana must be exhausted. She is the face of E Entainment and lives in Chicago.

Kathy Griffin would be perfect for that show and to replace Joan. They both have an off putting sarcasm and have never been known as fashion icons.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

On 10/12/2014 autumnfaire said:

We forget that QVC is a job, people leave jobs everyday. I will miss her and wish her well.

I wish her well too. BUT...people don't leave jobs "everyday" paying over 500K. She's in the top echelon of earners in the U.S. IMO..she "has" to have a great gig lined up or she'd never be leaving QVC as a host.

People don't walk away from that kind of money at that age without very good reason unless they've semi "lost their mind". Which...I don't think is the situation with Lisa R.Wink

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

http://moneyning.com/career/who-actually-earns-400000-per-year/

From Money us.new.com

The next income level is what is commonly called the "5 percent," or the percentage of Americans who make more than $150,000 annually. At the top of the economic ladder is the so-called "1 percent," or households that earn more than $250,000 annually.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor

Wow....did any of you read the comments at the bottom of that article where people were speculating on her ""lifestyle"" choice?

Respected Contributor

On 10/13/2014 winamac1 said:

We forget that QVC is a job, people leave jobs everyday. I will miss her and wish her well.

I wish her well too. BUT...people don't leave jobs "everyday" paying over 500K. She's in the top echelon of earners in the U.S. IMO..she "has" to have a great gig lined up or she'd never be leaving QVC as a host.

People don't walk away from that kind of money at that age without very good reason unless they've semi "lost their mind". Which...I don't think is the situation with Lisa R.Wink

Well said, Winamac. At just 47, Lisa is too young to retire. Maybe even her ample savings would run out unless she scaled way back on her lifestyle.

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/12/2014 curlywhitedog said:

I could be wrong but I can't see QVC sanctioning the long goodbye unless whatever Lisa was moving on to benefited QVC in some manner.

Two months is a long time for any employee to hang around after they announce their departure. My guess is something related to Joan Rivers but definitely something that will continue to bring money and glory to the Q. No doubt in my mind about that.

Maria

Two months is not a long time for someone in a professional position to remain working following a resignation. There are no injured parties here in that Lisa is not being ASKED to leave. The two week notice is for non-management/lower level employees. When executives, managers, and contract employees (QVC host work under a contract) have an immediate exit -- regardless of the public explanation-- it usually means the employee was terminated.

Using radio/TV as an example when someone is terminated they are just suddenly not on air, and the show goes on with no fanfare or on air explanation about the departed one. By contrast, anyone who is resigning for their own personal reason (retirement, taking another job, etc.) works through the end of the contract whether it has two weeks or two months remaining before expiration.

Honored Contributor

On 10/12/2014 Breezy26 said: I think she and her BFF, Leslie, are going into business.

Of all the theories floating around here, I think this one is in the realm of possibility.

Honored Contributor

On 10/13/2014 winamac1 said:

I think her announcement has to do with the recent shake-up at the Q. I think she would have otherwise been perfectly happy to maintain her diva status until she was ready to retire. More than anyone who has left expecting better things, LR knows that outside of the home shopping world, she doesn't really hold any credibility.