Honored Contributor

@LdyBugz    Interesting.  In my area, especially at the NBC station, all of the permanent news staff including anchors and meteorologists are pudgy and wear skins tight knits that reveal every winkle and pore.  They are a mass of horizintal lines because their clothes are too tight.  You'd think they would be self conscious.  I've noticed this at other news outlets too.  They seem to repeat the same dresses frequently so I assume they own the clothes.

Same goes for the men.  Too tight suits that gape or won't button.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624  I stopped watching the local NBC affiliate several years ago because it changed its format into all flashy graphics and I didn't like it.  Now I primarily watch the ABC affliate and all of the newscasters are in good shape and very well dressed.  I've only seen one jumpsuit on one woman that seemed a little odd.  I've also noticed only a couple of "repeat" outfits, too.  Otherwise, they all look great and are very well dressed, even the women that return from maternity leave.  I don't know how they stay so slim, especially after having a baby!  

Maybe the clothing rental thing is regional to Boston? I have no clue, but it does seem to make sense from what I can tell with the newscasters here that I see, including the men that look like they are from a page in GQ.  It is interesting though how things are different around the country.

Valued Contributor

Can’t say I notice the newscasters’ clothes all that much. However, I really look forward to seeing David Muir every evening.

Whether in a tux at an awards show, a business suit or jeans, leather jacket and boots when he covers a story in real time, he really gets the notice of this old lady! Add to that intelligence, kindness and sincerity... makes him a winning combination for me.

Honored Contributor

@nevergivesup   @LdyBugz    Both David Muir and Lester Holt are impeccably tailored.

The clothing rental thing may be in the major markets in big cities where they must dress better in very expensive clothing.  I could have missed it but I've never see Dylan wear the same dress twice.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dylan Dreyer's Jacket

[ Edited ]

@50Mickey wrote:

Al will be missed by many when he retires I am sure. His warmth and sense of humor along with his professionalism is his strength. I also like Dylan but I hope that Al recovers and returns to Today.

So do I.  And no we don't know who will replace him or even if he is to be replaced.  It might not be that Dylan lady.  Whose to know?

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Valued Contributor

I sure hope Al can make a full recovery, I have always like him and watched him, he is one of the best.

Respected Contributor

I just discovered the website wornonTV dot com which allows posts of clothing, identifies them, and if available, supplies a link to where you can buy them.

The website owner collects a commission for each click and sale. What a fun way to make some extra money.

I found it because someone posted Dylan's jacket yesterday.

Respected Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

I love Dylan's clothes too, but she's very slim and this jacket makes her look much heavier.  I wouldn't want a jacket that adds 20 or more pounds.Smiley Surprised

@shoesnbags  The reviews for this jacket on Rent The Runway, which were by young and thin women, mostly said the jacket was not flattering but warm and comfortable. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Honored Contributor

@PickyPicky3    When you're freezing cold, chic kind of goes out the window.

Respected Contributor

Oh no! I just saw the jacket again on TV, this time on a woman in China being tested for Covid. It may have been designed by an upscale Paris-based company, but you know where it was made.