Honored Contributor

Dusty pink, rose gold/pink, soft pink....Pink everywhere!

It's like the new black.  

I love the color pink, but always preferred the more girly girl pink or even neon pink.

But now I'm seeing that dusty, blush-y, rose gold tinged kind of shade everywhere.

Puffer jackets, sneakers, handbags---every other person is carrying one!  Except me.

I have one dressy pink sweater that is in a gorgeous rose gold.  I wear it with ivory or black pants.

I feel like if I add more of this rose gold to my wardrobe, I'll have to start buying rose gold jewelry, too.  Oh no!!Woman Very Happy

I was in a shop yesterday that just opened up.   Not only did she have whole ensembles of this dusty pink color, her hangers looked like rose gold metal.  Even the racks!  I asked her about them and she said she bought copper piping and used some sort of epoxy to meld them together.  Just shy of being a pipe fitter!  But got the look she was going for.  It was very pretty.

Do you have any this rose gold color in your wardrobe?

Honored Contributor

Re: Dusty pink, rose gold/pink, soft pink....Pink everywhere!

I have to say that a mauve or dusty rose that I see on QVC are horrible.  Those colors do nothing for the complexion.  I like pastel pink and other shades of pink but not the muted colors that make your complexion look like dirty water.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I just bought a rose gold cover for my phone, lol, I think that is all I have in that particular shade of pink. My cell phone cover is very pretty, btw.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

I like the pastel and blush pinks, but they wash me out. I have to wear hot pink.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm. No need to buy rose gold jewelry. Pearls go nicely with the lighter pinks.
Honored Contributor

I just bought a T shirt like top from Isaac in 'pink ruby' that is a gorgeous color and he has another color called 'primrose' that is pretty .

Honored Contributor

As a child I never wore pink.  I always insisted on blue.

Now I wear fushia or hot pink a lot..  I have a two tops in pastel pink, but it's not my favorite color, but the tops were on sale and I wear them at home for everyday. If I go out, I wear my fushia jacket over them and let the light pink peek out.

I have collected rose gold jewelry since I first saw it on my Aunt when I was around 8 years old. I have vintage rose gold which I like better than the modern pink color.

I don't own any rose gold or champagne pink items in my wardrobe.  I like it, but it washes me out.

Honored Contributor

This past summer, I stopped coloring my hair and now that I’m no longer a blonde I’ve been adding some new colors.

I’m very fair / light beige complexion,green eyes, And mostly brown hair With some white around my forehead/temples.

I added several shades of pink. As a blonde, pink was awful on me. Now I’m getting compliments.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

I have to say that a mauve or dusty rose that I see on QVC are horrible.  Those colors do nothing for the complexion.  I like pastel pink and other shades of pink but not the muted colors that make your complexion look like dirty water.

The dusty hews, particularly dusty rose are some of my most flattering colors  ... no "dirty water" look here..  Pastel pink would wash me out so we should  all choose what looks best with our particular coloring.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Katcat1   I'm too fair to wear that color. My face disappears and melts into the top. I also consider it a trend that will go the way of "sangria" or whatever that color was a season or so ago. I'll stay w/ my neutrals (added olive) and I add red or a clear medium blue. Those never go out of style.