Respected Contributor

Re: Duchess of Cambridge arrives at Wimbledon in green

Well these fashions were a miss. Kate's dress with the darts in the bust and the dark green color looks awful. Meghan's skirt and blouse makes her look matronly and heavy. With all of their beautiful clothes I can't understand why they chose these outfits. On the other hand Pippa's dress was lovely and summery.

Respected Contributor

For those curious about what Pippa Matthews wore, she was in the Ruflette Sleeveless Midi Dress (£735, roughly $925 at today’s exchange rates) by British label Anna Mason London, a brand she has worn previously.

The earrings worn by Pippa are by Garrard, the jeweler’s Petal Ear Climbers in 18K white gold with sapphires, tanzanites and diamonds.

Trusted Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Kate's dress looks very out of place.  Too dark, too tight, too "office wear".

Meghan looks dumpy in that outfit, although the skirt looks pretty when it's not on her.

Pippa looks much older than her 35 years which the ruffles only seem to accentuate.  Like the hair, though.

And that's my opinion, FWIW.

I agree for the mostpart. I think the Middletons both look ridiculous. 

This isn't MMs best look, but, I appreciate her not trying to camouflage her baby weight. She seems very secure and comfortable with her body. That's nice to see, for a change, in a public figure in this age of post-baby-weight body judging and frenzy to lose it too quickly.

Respected Contributor

@lmt wrote:

For those curious about what Pippa Matthews wore, she was in the Ruflette Sleeveless Midi Dress (£735, roughly $925 at today’s exchange rates) by British label Anna Mason London, a brand she has worn previously.

The earrings worn by Pippa are by Garrard, the jeweler’s Petal Ear Climbers in 18K white gold with sapphires, tanzanites and diamonds.

@lmt    thanks!  those earrings looked lovely from afar, and now we can see the lower bit of Pippa's dress.  i'd say she put her look together just right.

Super Contributor

@bathina wrote:
I dont like the green, heavy dress on Kate. I also dont care for Meghan's shirt and pleated skirt combo, which imo looks bulky and slightly messy. Pippa looks great, from what I can see. Her hair and printed dress?are spot on for the occasion.
I totally agree with this assessment! 100% 💖
Education | Sorority Alumna | PGA Foundation | Coffee and Brunch are my thing.
Honored Contributor

Pippa's earrings are so beautiful, they look perfect with her dress. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@ILTH wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Meghan looks dumpy in that outfit, although the skirt looks pretty when it's not on her.

Pippa looks much older than her 35 years which the ruffles only seem to accentuate.  Like the hair, though.

This isn't MMs best look, but, I appreciate her not trying to camouflage her baby weight. She seems very secure and comfortable with her body. That's nice to see, for a change, in a public figure in this age of post-baby-weight body judging and frenzy to lose it too quickly.

@ILTH 

I wasn't "body judging", just saying that the outfit, IMO, wasn't flattering and made her look dumpy.

Only a statement of fashion, not that she should be losing weight.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@ILTH wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@ILTH 

I wasn't "body judging", just saying that the outfit, IMO, wasn't flattering and made her look dumpy.

Only a statement of fashion, not that she should be losing weight.

@QueenDanceALot 

No. Please don't get me wrong. I wasn't referring to you

I know you weren't commenting on her body.  ☺

I was just making an observation about MM and good for her for doing what's good for her and her baby, and not for anyone else. 

Honored Contributor

My favorite Wimbledon dress this year was Pippa's yellow one with the dots.  That is exactly the sort of thing I'd like to have!