Honored Contributor

Re: Duchess of Cambridge arrives at Wimbledon in green

Some women sort of change in the bust ,after a baby, and that might account for the sort of ill fit..I recall Cher  saying she got a bust lift ,at one time, after one of her children

I don't think Kate needs one, but, I bet when she sees how she looks, she might retire this dress

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ms traditional wrote:

i haven't seen the whole dress but love Pippa's print! also earrings look yummy!

Firm friends! Meghan also looked to be getting on well with Kate's sister Pippa. She attended Pippa's evening reception after her wedding to financier James Matthews in May 2017

Pippa's dress is Anna Mason London and of the 3 gets the raves from Marie Claire and Harper's Bazaar. she looks perfect -  from the waist up anyway!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Very impressive win for Simona Halep

I am so glad she won....she deserved it.....nice to see 

someone genuine win today

Honored Contributor

Just happy Halep won!  Serena usually has her number.  Up till today, I think Simona ony beat her once!  

Kate looks like Kate.  Shes fashionably thin, and she wears clothes well.  It's non news.

Honored Contributor

One of Queen Letizia's favorite Hugo Boss pleated skirts

20190713_105707.png

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Very pretty skirt.  However, I don't care for it with the blouse that Meghan has on.  I like my whites to match color.  Or maybe it's the blouse that I don't care for with that style skirt.  JMHO>

Respected Contributor

Re: Duchess of Sussex arrives at Wimbledon in green

@Greeneyedlady21   She does the dress favors.

Honored Contributor

I am not a fashionista.  I am not overly picky about clothes, so to me I look at this and think it is a pretty woman in a nice looking green dress.

And to me, it's wonderful that she goes out in it and looks fantastic without being so worried that it isn't perfect that she can't wear it out or simply can't function.

She looks great!  She's confident, poised, appropiate and having a good time from all we see.  Isn't that the point?  Are the dart seams really any woman should have to stress that much over that THIS dress is something to be critical of and have to worry about how you look wearing it?

I don't get it. I'm sad that we have to live to that level of expectation when we go out.  Because in a way, we are all her--if she doesn't have it right what hope do we have?

Could we lighten up on women some day you think?

Honored Contributor

I'm the last person who is hard on other women or ever wants to be. Kate is beautiful and so is the dress. There are just elements of the dress that don't look the best that they could for her. I'm being "critical" of that, not anything else. I can only dream of looking like her. I have a very small bust too and that makes clothing very difficult. But I also don't have custom made Dolce and Gabbana. So I don't understand their error. Or the royal tailor. I honestly really don't care either way, but it is a fashion discussion.

Being hard on women is about SO much more than fashion these days. Things we can't discuss here. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I am not a fashionista.  I am not overly picky about clothes, so to me I look at this and think it is a pretty woman in a nice looking green dress.

And to me, it's wonderful that she goes out in it and looks fantastic without being so worried that it isn't perfect that she can't wear it out or simply can't function.

She looks great!  She's confident, poised, appropiate and having a good time from all we see.  Isn't that the point?  Are the dart seams really any woman should have to stress that much over that THIS dress is something to be critical of and have to worry about how you look wearing it?

I don't get it. I'm sad that we have to live to that level of expectation when we go out.  Because in a way, we are all her--if she doesn't have it right what hope do we have?

Could we lighten up on women some day you think?

I'm just sharing my thoughts on what I think of the dress.  I'm not trying to hold anyone up to be perfect.  Nobody is.  I certainly am not.  

I'm not judging her either.  I really like her and like almost everything she wears. 

I think when you're in the public eye, you have to really have a thick skin and not take what people say personally.  It doesn't appear that Kate does - she's confident and poised.  She's interested in people and she has a genuiness about her.

That being said, there are some cruel women here and in the world who love to tear people - not just women - down.  I can't control what other people say or think.  I ignore a lot of comments here.