Honored Contributor

Re: Duchess of Cambridge arrives at Wimbledon in green

Very impressive win for Simona Halep

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Perhaps Kate should have worn something more summery.  Seeing her with the two other girls, makes me think the color and style are better suited for Fall or Winter.

Honored Contributor

I wonder if that might have been a dress she wore ,before she had her babies, and it fit differently then? Kate rarely makes a faux pas, but, I think this is it ,after seeing it from the front

Honored Contributor

Simona is so charming. She was hoping Duchess Kate would be there for the match and she said she didn't know she would get to meet both Duchesses. She giggled and said that's amazing.

Honored Contributor

Re: Duchess of Sussex arrives at Wimbledon in green

@Somertime wrote:

the-duchess-of-cambridge-and-the-duchess-of-sussex-on-day-news-photo-1155388763-1563023292.jpg

Thanks.  Meghan' look is a very pretty, summery look.  She's sitting in the glaring sun so she opted for someting comfortable, with movement.  She seems to favor a look I like too.  Crisp white shirts with rolled up sleeves.  I do that with floaty summer skirts and sandals.

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Perhaps Kate should have worn something more summery.  Seeing her with the two other girls, makes me think the color and style are better suited for Fall or Winter.

@ValuSkr isn't the Wimbledon color green?  i thought that was the connection.  

i was also struck with how she wore dress a couple of years ago - had Prince Louis - and is just as trim wearing it again.   she keeps herself in good shape -  of course she is an athlete.

i think Pippa and Meghan place fashion as a higher priority than Kate.  she seems to be more practical and English traditional.

Honored Contributor

According to Elle site Meghan's skirt is by Hugo Boss. Queen Letizia often wears Hugo Boss and looks great in their pieces.

Honored Contributor

Vesplisa skirt $545

hbna50411310_965_100.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@cherry   yes she wore it several years ago in Canada.  see @Greeneyedlady21 's post above of that wearing.  i think it's amazing she can do such good work keeping her figure.

as for the green, as i just wrote, i think the tie-in is to Wimbledon green. she is a patron. but,  i could be wrong.

Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Vesplisa skirt $545

hbna50411310_965_100.jpeg

a step up from jeans, for sure!