Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Duchess of Cambridge and the Queen at Buckingham Palace Garden Party

@ValuSkr wrote:

They seem to be getting Buckingham Palace garden parties out of the way earlier this year.  There are three: last week, this week, and next week. ... Not much earlier - only a week or two - but think it's unusual to have them all in May.  There will be another in Edinburgh in early July.

@ValuSkr   i'm not sure which parties are those you are referring to but this is what i read:

The garden party is the second one this summer, with two more scheduled for June and July, one of which will be held at Holyrood Palace. 

Every year, the Queen invites 30,000 people to attend the parties and last year 8,000 guests attended the first soiree of the season, held at Buckingham Palace earlier this month.  

Honored Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

They seem to be getting Buckingham Palace garden parties out of the way earlier this year.  There are three: last week, this week, and next week. ... Not much earlier - only a week or two - but think it's unusual to have them all in May.  There will be another in Edinburgh in early July.

@ValuSkr   i'm not sure which parties are those you are referring to but this is what i read:

The garden party is the second one this summer, with two more scheduled for June and July, one of which will be held at Holyrood Palace. 

Every year, the Queen invites 30,000 people to attend the parties and last year 8,000 guests attended the first soiree of the season, held at Buckingham Palace earlier this month.  

@ms traditional   I'm sorry - I should have included my source:

https://www.royal.uk/garden-parties-buckingham-palace-2019

Respected Contributor

Kate's dress and hat are gorgeous. Love the color. 

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr  thanks.  it looks like the Queen will be up in Scotland by late June/early July, then.

Occasional Contributor

Agreed!     These are two very elegant and classy ladies.  Class speaks loudly for itself.  Traditional and smart.  No trendy here.  To me, trendy is “out”.

Respected Contributor

@ms traditional  Thanks for posting these pictures.

Beautiful color on the Queen; I wish we could see more of the dress she's wearing, I bet it's lovely.

Kate ..... pretty in pink. I love everything about this outfit!!

Respected Contributor

Those earrings are the perfect touch.

kate middleton The Queen Hosts Garden Party At Buckingham Palace

The Queen Hosts Garden Party At Buckingham Palace

Princess Diana wearing the same pearl drop earrings.

Respected Contributor

Duchess Kate is a class act....just beautiful!

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Yes, this is how we like to see Kate attired.  It's a vast improvement over the garden show's "prairie" style.  Smiley Happy

Hmm. I'm not sure about the "we" to whom you refer, but I enjoy seeing her in a variety of types of clothing. The garden party is obviously a much more formal type of event than the garden show, and I thought it was great to see her in something other than her "uniform" of a coat dress and hat. (Not that I don't think she looks lovely in the pink outfit shown.)

Honored Contributor

It appears to be bright with the sun shining.  Why does everyone carry an umbrella?  I noticed at the last garden party, all the men were carrying them.  The Brits must be eternal pessimists.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment