Esteemed Contributor

Re: Duchess of Cambridge Greets Troops at Beating Retreat Military Pageant

All of us who have sewed are transfixed by the closeup of the collar and princess seams.  The rest of my life is now ruined!  I would like to meet the seamstress.  It is lovely.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624I bet your pins look great, especially on your hats.  Years ago I would occassionally put one on my purse.  You've inspired me now.  I'm going to take the pin off my winter coat and put it on my purse.  I'll be seeing my granddaughter at a cookout tomorrow so she will see it.  😃  BTW, stickpins used to be really popular and some people still collect them.  I don't have any but I love them.

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@ms traditional 

Lovely, as ususal.

I have some earrings almost identical to those, but I do not wear them often.

They are omega backs, and more than once, when someone has hugged me, the posts on the earring have dug into my neck.   I think some of my huggers might have been too enthusiastic Cat Very Happy

Seems I bought them from QVC....possibly Honora many years back.  I have them in white and black.

They always look right!

@Witchy Woman  i agree.  i have some similar earrings - also from QVC, white and grey/black, which have 4 big pearls set more in a diamond shape.  i love them - when in doubt, i pull them out.  they are so flattering to my shape of face.

re your posts, can you jeweler smooth off the posts, maybe?

Trusted Contributor

@ms traditionalI agree that a pin can really elevate  simple outfit.  They are so many styles, from classic to fun and whimsical.  Wouldn't it be interesting to know the stories behind the Queen's pins?  

Respected Contributor

@LdyBugz 

@LdyBugz wrote:

@Kachina624I bet your pins look great, especially on your hats.  Years ago I would occassionally put one on my purse.  You've inspired me now.  I'm going to take the pin off my winter coat and put it on my purse.  I'll be seeing my granddaughter at a cookout tomorrow so she will see it.  😃  BTW, stickpins used to be really popular and some people still collect them.  I don't have any but I love them.

i have about 10 stickpins that i have inherited from my grandmother who kept them from family collections going back some time.  sometimes it is just the little touch that works - and sometimes i wear them in a cluster.  people always come close.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LdyBugz wrote:

@ms traditionalI agree that a pin can really elevate  simple outfit.  They are so many styles, from classic to fun and whimsical.  Wouldn't it be interesting to know the stories behind the Queen's pins?  

yes, i'd love to know.  i know she has a very large attachment to the earrings (pearl diamond) she wears almost all the time. i forget if they were an important gift - or an inheritance,  i wish she were working on a book on just such information! @LdyBugz 

Trusted Contributor

@ms traditional.  Oh you are so lucky to have those stickpins!  I bet they are nice, not to mention very special to you.  And you see; there is something about pins that draws some people in.  I love that!  I wonder if it's because the pin reminds them of someone?  

Honored Contributor

I love everything she's wearing.  She's classy and appropriate for her role.

I would love to see what her closets look like!

Respected Contributor

Absolutely stunning. I love everything about this outfit.