Respected Contributor

Re: Duchess Meghan's First Solo Event

She is radiant!  

Respected Contributor

@princesess wrote:

no, she is not wearing a bra, that is disgusting!

In the third picture on page one, you can see the indentation of her bra. Not getting why there is a focus on her chest. She is not large breasted, nor does she wear cleavage baring outfits.

Honored Contributor

Its so nice to see so many fashion experts on here. (yes thats a snark!)

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

How would anyone here know she's not wearing a bra? Were you in the room with her when she got dressed?

To say it's "disgusting" is just really unnecessary.
"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

Meghan needs a proper fitting bra so there's no headlights showing through her pretty dress. How hard can that possibly be?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dulwich wrote:

This does not do much for me wish she would use a bit of color in her day clothes.  She seems to like designer Givenchy and I read this dress cost In U.K. Pounds 2,510.00 -  not too cheap!

Meghan really does seem so far to favor the big name, big $$$ designer lines. I hope that doesn’t eventually give her a reputation in the U.K. for Hollywood style “living large” or lavish excess. It seems like the royal family has to a walk a fine line with the British tax paying public and try to appear not to flaunt their wealth. I really like Meghan and think she will be a great asset to the royal family so I hope that it will be her good works that will define her and not her $$$ clothing choices.

Catherine seems to have found a way to walk that fine line, mixing designer lines with “high street” lines  and promoting British designers. When touring other countries, she uses her clothing choices to give recognition to wherever she is visiting. The press even refers to it as “diplomatic dressing”.

This isn’t meant as a diss to Meghan because I really like her.  I’m rooting for her and want her to be wildly successful. I’m sure she will find her her way and what works best for her. 

Respected Contributor

@TY wrote:

Meghan needs a proper fitting bra so there's no headlights showing through her pretty dress. How hard can that possibly be?

Women have nipples. It's just a fact. You have to be looking really, really close to see that. I have some very structured bras, with plenty of coverage and sometimes, if you look close, you can see mine. Big deal. Should men be required to pad up their underpants so we can't see any outline of their junk? Sheesh.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]
@cherry wrote:

I like her, but I don't think her fashion choices are really  flattering on her. I think she  should find another stylist. I think its nice to be loyal to your friends ,but ,in this case ,I don't think what her friend picks out for her ,works very well in her new role

If I was in Meghan’s position, I would prefer a non friend as a style consultant. I would want someone  completely objective who will learn my body type and my “style” preferences and mix that knowledge with their knowledge of the protocol for the official occasions I’m dressing for. Definitely somone with an eye for detail, right down to the proper foundations and committing my measurements to memory for perfect tailoring of my clothing. 

On a personal note, on more than one occasion, this short person has stood in a fitting room, trying on ready to wear pants that were too long and tops with sleeves that were way too long with shoulder seams halfway to my elbows. In those moments, I swore that if I ever came into a fortune, the first thing I’d do is hire a good tailor. 😆

Honored Contributor

@bathina wrote:

@TY wrote:

Women have nipples. It's just a fact. You have to be looking really, really close to see that. I have some very structured bras, with plenty of coverage and sometimes, if you look close, you can see mine. Big deal. Should men be required to pad up their underpants so we can't see any outline of their junk? Sheesh.

Agree!!

Esteemed Contributor

@bathina

Meghan is now a duchess and is representing the Queen when she does royal engagements. So proper dress including proper undergarments are to be expected. It's the nature of being a royal when you are in the public and being photographed from all sides by paparazzi. As an actress, she would certainly know better what underwear to put on.

And frankly, if it were a man in a royal position at an official function, I would expect them to dress properly - and no I do not want to see their junk outline either.