Respected Contributor

Re: Duchess Meghan in Royal Blue!

@beckyb1012  yes,  i think we are in the lead-up to Remembrance Day.  Sussexes were at Field of Remembrance today; there is Festival of Remembrance at Royal Albert Hall and the big Remembrance Sunday service is the last event always held 2nd Sunday in November. 

Respected Contributor

The Queen stood last year with Camilla and Kate

Meghan was with the German First Lady

actually this is Remembrance Sunday 2018 i believe

Honored Contributor

She looks very nice.

Except for the belt over the coat I love it.  And I see this as sapphire blue, not Royal or navy.  Sapphire blue is one of my favorite colors!

Honored Contributor

She looks beautiful. The hat, the coat, her hair, all of it. Solemn occasion.

That's another Sentaler coat. It definitely looks like navy to me.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Wherever the belt is it isn't flattering. 👎
Respected Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I would love to have hair like that!

I certainly do not mind her "messy bun" look especially in a casual outfit or event  But when she wears her hair down it just appears so uneven and unkempt.   Almost like it has split ends, which believe me I know it does not.  But this is coming from someone like myself whose hair is down to my waist blunt straight across cut with bangs.  Or should this 70's girl say wings.

@beckyb1012 ,

Perhaps you are just not aware, but women  with textured, curly hair have difficulty getting a stick straight look without doing a lot of damage.

What you perceive as "messy" is just a glimpse of her natural texture. I wish she would let it go all out curly. I know many would tut tut, but the time for women to hide their natural, glorious curls and waves is gone.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I certainly do not mind her "messy bun" look especially in a casual outfit or event  But when she wears her hair down it just appears so uneven and unkempt.   Almost like it has split ends, which believe me I know it does not.  But this is coming from someone like myself whose hair is down to my waist blunt straight across cut with bangs.  Or should this 70's girl say wings.

@beckyb1012 ,

Perhaps you are just not aware, but women  with textured, curly hair have difficulty getting a stick straight look without doing a lot of damage.

What you perceive as "messy" is just a glimpse of her natural texture. I wish she would let it go all out curly. I know many would tut tut, but the time for women to hide their natural, glorious curls and waves is gone.

I was not once referring to the texture or the curliness or lack thereof.  The uneven ends is what I was posting about.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

The pressure for Meghan to go natural in her hair seems odd to me. We don't ask women with gray hair like Kate to go natural. Meghan obviously likes this look as she has had it for a long time. I like the messy bun for casual occasions. I didn't like it for her wedding as that was the wrong occasion. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@beckyb1012 ,

I was not once referring to the texture or the curliness or lack thereof.  The uneven ends is what I was posting about.

Most women with curly hair do not have blunt cut ends @beckyb1012 .  I was not arguing with you. Just trying to give some perspective as a curl haired woman myself.

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@beckyb1012 ,

Most women with curly hair do not have blunt cut ends @beckyb1012 .  I was not arguing with you. Just trying to give some perspective as a curl haired woman myself.

Understood but whenever I have naturally curly hair and most hairdressers think I have had a recent perm.  Not since they were popular in the late 70's early 80's with that whole disco look.  If I air dry my hair I look like I could go disco dancing.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."