Respected Contributor

Re: Duchess Meghan Guest Edits British Vogue

[ Edited ]

Tthe latest issue of UK Vogue guest-edited by Meghan Markle appears remarkably similar to An Australian book about trailblazing women includingthe Duchess of SussexThe Duchess of Sussex wrote an essay for 'The Game Changers' by Samantha Brett and Steph Adams three years ago and helped produce the latest British Vogue issue 'Forces for Change'the book (below) preceded the article.  maybe book's authors should have been given some credit?  @WildcatFan 

Honored Contributor

I just read about the coping of The Game Changers and it sounds like Meghan as caused a big stink.  Does look bad and not very original for the new Duchess.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Frequent Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

I cannot post the link here, but Piers Morgan has written a scathing commentary in the Daily Mail UK about Meghan editing Vogue.  And about the mirror, he tells her to look into it herself because she can't be so political and be a royal too so she needs to decide which she wants to be.  His basic criticism of her in the commentary is that this is far too political a thing for a royal to have done. 

He quotes this twitter comment:  

"I read one comment on Twitter that said: ‘A feminist who preaches equality and merit, while taking full advantage of the spotlight she only received via marriage to someone who won the birth lottery. Makes me sick.’

This was a popular sentiment [among the British public].

The title of Morgan's piece is: 

Me-Me-Meghan’s shamelessly hypocritical super-woke Vogue stunt proves she cares more about promoting herself than the Royal Family or Britain

@Pearlee, this is an absurd comment. Or, more apropos, it's rubbish.

Piers Morgan is completely correct !...Couldent have said it better myself!...We British don’t like her one bit..she is everything he says she is....

Frequent Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Meghan's had her rest, back to the bashing. Let the games begin.

If she behaved herself like she should, then she won’t get bashed!...Why Harry hasn’t taught her our ways I will never know!...She should take a leaf  out of Anne’s book!..

Honored Contributor

@Whippit   Interesting comment, coming from someone British.

Frequent Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

We were all appalled when he married her!...but what is done is done!...I shouldn’t let it get to me!..I’m 77 years old & chose the USA as my home. so it’s nothing to do with me, but it is human nature to feel these things 🤷🏼‍♀️

Respected Contributor

@Whippit   I still have home in London and we live between there and CA here and, believe me, I hear your comments expressed quite a lot when I am there and it does not seem to be improving.  I understand how you feel as do a lot of Brits.

Personally, I think Harry with a new ‘unroyal’ wife, should maybe have concentrated a bit more on her becoming part of the Queen’s ‘firm’ following tradition and then branching out to do their own ‘thing’.

I feel if you marry into something like this and accept the luxurious lifestyle, and all the perks that come with it, which you are made well aware of before marriage, some sort of decorum and respect for those traditions are expected but Harry always was a rebel - anything to be different - so I do not think it is all down to the ‘new wife’.

Respected Contributor

@Whippit wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

We were all appalled when he married her!...but what is done is done!...I shouldn’t let it get to me!..I’m 77 years old & chose the USA as my home. so it’s nothing to do with me, but it is human nature to feel these things 🤷🏼‍♀️

It is human nature to feel "appalled" at the marriage of 2 people who love each other? Interesting. Most people I know feel joy.

Frequent Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

@Whippit   I still have home in London and we live between there and CA here and, believe me, I hear your comments expressed quite a lot when I am there and it does not seem to be improving.  I understand how you feel as do a lot of Brits.

Personally, I think Harry with a new ‘unroyal’ wife, should maybe have concentrated a bit more on her becoming part of the Queen’s ‘firm’ following tradition and then branching out to do their own ‘thing’.

I feel if you marry into something like this and accept the luxurious lifestyle, and all the perks that come with it, which you are made well aware of before marriage, some sort of decorum and respect for those traditions are expected but Harry always was a rebel - anything to be different - so I do not think it is all down to the ‘new wife’.

I agree with your every word!....You are so lucky ( for want of another word)..to have a home in both of my favorite places!...

Frequent Contributor

@bathina wrote:

@Whippit wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

It is human nature to feel "appalled" at the marriage of 2 people who love each other? Interesting. Most people I know feel joy.

i know I should have felt joy , but he could have done so much better than her..but like I said it shouldn’t affect me any more!.....I’m just glad William & Lovely Kate are next in line!....