Honored Contributor

Re: Duchess Meghan Guest Edits British Vogue

I have seen that picture of Diana (the first shot) before, and I don't think she ever looked like that.  I have followed her from the beginning, and even though she looked different when she was younger, she didn't look like that picture.  IMO it's an awful picture.

Image result for young diana spencer

Image result for young diana spencer

All young Dianas (the first one supposedly from her honeymoon) and much more attractive than that cover shot above.

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I have seen that picture of Diana (the first shot) before, and I don't think she ever looked like that.  I have followed her from the beginning, and even though she looked different when she was younger, she didn't look like that picture.  IMO it's an awful picture.

It was from a series of engagement portraits taken by Lord Snowdon. Here is one that shows more of her and her dress.

65440882_426777654843238_2788338137320804575_n.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

According to sussexroyal, Meghan chose "a diverse selection of women from all walks of life, each driving impact and raising the bar for equality, kindness, justice and open mindedness" including Jane Fonda, Salma Hayek, and Christy Turlington.  No mention of the Queen on her list?

Interesting that it's being reported that she wrote an essay for "The Game Changers" by Samantha Brett and Steph Adams three years ago, and this Vogue "Forces of Change" has essentially the same cover design with 15 black & white photos of women.  As Brett told the Daily Mail Australia, if true, it's flattering yet disappointing.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

I cannot post the link here, but Piers Morgan has written a scathing commentary in the Daily Mail UK about Meghan editing Vogue.  And about the mirror, he tells her to look into it herself because she can't be so political and be a royal too so she needs to decide which she wants to be.  His basic criticism of her in the commentary is that this is far too political a thing for a royal to have done. 

He quotes this twitter comment:  

"I read one comment on Twitter that said: ‘A feminist who preaches equality and merit, while taking full advantage of the spotlight she only received via marriage to someone who won the birth lottery. Makes me sick.’

This was a popular sentiment [among the British public].

The title of Morgan's piece is: 

Me-Me-Meghan’s shamelessly hypocritical super-woke Vogue stunt proves she cares more about promoting herself than the Royal Family or Britain

@Pearlee, this is an absurd comment. Or, more apropos, it's rubbish.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Meghan's had her rest, back to the bashing. Let the games begin.

Respected Contributor

I dont see any Meg bashing here. Glad I'm not the only one looking forward to the issue in which the Duchess interviews Michelle Obama and the Duke interviews Jane Goodall. Thank you ladies who let us k own when the issue is available
Honored Contributor

@bathina wrote:
I dont see any Meg bashing here. Glad I'm not the only one looking forward to the issue in which the Duchess interviews Michelle Obama and the Duke interviews Jane Goodall. Thank you ladies who let us k own when the issue is available

@bathina   All too often, people who make any kind of negative comment about the Duchess of Sussex is accused of bashing her, or even worse.  Too many posters on this board thinks the woman is above any criticism and therefore must be perfect in every way.  Anyone else who doesn't think so is "bashing" her.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@bathina wrote:

@bathina   All too often, people who make any kind of negative comment about the Duchess of Sussex is accused of bashing her, or even worse.  Too many posters on this board thinks the woman is above any criticism and therefore must be perfect in every way.  Anyone else who doesn't think so is "bashing" her.

Negative comments are fine, but I do find some of the criticisms of her (and conspiracy theories about her) to be just plain silly, and the sources of information cited as gospel are sometimes on the sketchy side (i.e., gossip mags/newspapers). As has been stated by others in the past, I think many (most?) of us are solidly in the middle on this topic. It seems, though, that if you say anything positive or push back against a negative comment you're a "Meghan lover" or think she's "above any criticism" or whatever, and if you say anything negative you're bashing her. And so it goes ...

Honored Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@bathina wrote:

Negative comments are fine, but I do find some of the criticisms of her (and conspiracy theories about her) to be just plain silly, and the sources of information cited as gospel are sometimes on the sketchy side (i.e., gossip mags/newspapers). As has been stated by others in the past, I think many (most?) of us are solidly in the middle on this topic. It seems, though, that if you say anything positive or push back against a negative comment you're a "Meghan lover" or think she's "above any criticism" or whatever, and if you say anything negative you're bashing her. And so it goes ...

@jonbon   True enough.

Honored Contributor

From Harper's Bazaar site

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, is on a roll with her fashionable projects this week. Days after revealing that she guest edited the September issue of British Vogue, Meghan has announced that she's launching a capsule collection of workwear to benefit her royal patronage Smart Works, a charity that benefits disadvantaged and unemployed women who are entering or returning to the workforce.

Meghan broke the news in her British Vogue issue, according to royal reporter Omid Scobie. She recruited an impressive set of collaborators for the project: British department stores Marks & Spencer and John Lewis, the brand Jigsaw, and her close friend and fashion designer Misha Nonoo.

The collection will launch later this year and will be sold on a "one-for-one basis," meaning an item is donated for each item purchased. "Not only does this allow us to be part of each other's story, it reminds us we are in it together," Meghan explained in the magazine.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"