Trusted Contributor

Re: Duchess Kate's New PatronagešŸ“·

I think Kate must have an excellent stylist besides her great ability to know what looks good on her. She always looks fantastic and her greatest accessory is her smile that just lights up her face.  She is a lovely addition to that family, William could not have done better. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

She looks very summery.  I love how she always seems to be so engaged, especially if there are children involved, at these functions.  She doesn't look like, Ye gads, I am so bored to be at yet another charity event.

She serves her position very well, an asset to the family. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love everything about this outfit.

The print on the dress is so pretty. I especially love the sleeves. The look of the dress is so light and airy - perfect for summer.

The wedge sandals go perfectly, too.

And those earrings!! I love them. LOVE.THEM. Everytime Kate wears them I think about ordering them (they're also available in silver).           

Honored Contributor

@Tennesseegal wrote:
@Greeneyedlady21

I love the whole look from head to toe especially the earrings!

She looks like a beautiful British lady out to enjoy a summer day with others.  Nothing, absolutely nothing, about her outfit remotely says "I'm from the USA."  It's head to to British, which is lovely and appropriate for her. 

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Tennesseegal wrote:
@Greeneyedlady21

I love the whole look from head to toe especially the earrings!

She looks like a beautiful British lady out to enjoy a summer day with others.  Nothing, absolutely nothing, about her outfit remotely says "I'm from the USA."  It's head to to British, which is lovely and appropriate for her. 

Hmmm ... I donā€™t see her look as particularly British. 

Honored Contributor

She looks great in this dress (and shoes and earrings.) This is definitely a dress for a very tall, very thin person.

Honored Contributor

I love the look and especially the shoes.  The whole outfit would suit the life style of so many women in any type of work.  19 patronages, she makes me fill like a lazy slug with one full time job and trying to find time for two grandchildren.  Always smiling our dear Kate.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beckyb1012 wrote:

I love the look and especially the shoes.  The whole outfit would suit the life style of so many women in any type of work.  19 patronages, she makes me fill like a lazy slug with one full time job and trying to find time for two grandchildren.  Always smiling our dear Kate.

LOL

These aren't full-time jobs. They're prestige for the organizations. They don't involve a lot of work on the patron's part.

The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh hold over a thousand Patronages between them.

Honored Contributor

@ILTH wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

LOL

These aren't full-time jobs. They're prestige for the organizations. They don't involve a lot of work on the patron's part.

The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh hold over a thousand Patronages between them.

I realize that I am only referring to the amount of time she spends every day, most days, all year long every year.  Just wears  me out thinking of all their schedules and still smiling and being sweet.  I feel better when I think surely somedays she is talking with someone and her mind is screaming "Calgon take me AWAY!" Heart

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@ILTH wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

LOL

I realize that I am only referring to the amount of time she spends every day, most days, all year long every year.  Just wears  me out thinking of all their schedules and still smiling and being sweet.  I feel better when I think surely somedays she is talking with someone and her mind is screaming "Calgon take me AWAY!" Heart

My point is, she hardly does anything. You see her a couple of times a month (maybe a few days in a row once in awhile) and it stands out for you and seems as if she's always working. (You, meaning the public). She has several nannies, a full staff, etc. for her personal life.

Women and men everywhere work 40-60 hours a week, 5-6 days a week, often without vacation for decades. Most have to smile at and be sweet to their bosses every day. Many raise kids on their own. Many, in addition, take care of elderly parents. 

Will, Kate, Harry, Meghan, Charles,  Camilla are hardly overworked.