Respected Contributor

Duchess Kate's Big Day At The Chelsea Flower Show

The Duchess of Cambridge has arrived at the Chelsea Flower Show to visit her woodland wilderness garden.

Kate is joining local school pupils for outdoor activities, just a day after her own children enjoyed a playful trip to the Back To Nature Garden.

Her garden's centrepiece is a high-platform tree house atop a chestnut trunk, clad in stag horn oak, hazel and larch cladding that draws inspiration from a bird or animal nest.

Kate played with schoolchildren in a woodland-themed garden at the event, helping youngsters connect with the natural world.

She helped the children from local London schools build miniature rafts to race down a waterfall feature, roast marshmallows on a campfire, and also chatted to them about nature in a tree house.

kate middleton chelsea flower show

Kate climbed the treehouse, a focal point of her beautiful Back to Nature garden at the RHS show

The Duchess admires the garden displays on offer at the annual flower show at the Royal Hospital

Respected Contributor

Re: Duchess Kate's Big Day At The Chelsea Flower Show

Kate put an elegant spin on casual attire today as she attended the Royal Chelsea Flower Show, teaming a pair of tan culottes by Massimo Dutti with a pretty lace shirt by M.i.h Jeans.

The stylish royal then finished off with a pair of cult favourite Superga trainers, which we’ve spotted her wearing many times before.

Respected Contributor

The Duchess of Cambridge at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show

Chelsea Flower Show 2019

Kate and youngsters at the garden

Chelsea Flower Show

Honored Contributor

Never thought we would see her in culottes. I like that she's trying things out of her usual casual mode of skinny jeans.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Respected Contributor

RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2019 - Press Day

Kate Middleton news: Kate at Chelsea Flower Show in brown trousers and white shirt

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I remember culottes, in the 60's, much shorter loved them , never heard of those shoes.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Shirt is the Mabel $325! I'd like to find a similar shirt at a much lower price. I like the pattern.

Trusted Contributor

I love the pants. A nice change of pace for her.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest @I wore those at one time too.I even had some about 20 years ago that I now wish I didn’t donate.I love that Kate appeared to have borrowed her dh belt to go with her outfit.

Honored Contributor

Gap high rise wide leg crop chinos $51

cn16807662.jpg