Honored Contributor

Re: Duchess Kate inTweed Suit

I love that look, she did a suit but in a youthful modern way.  

Respected Contributor

@dex wrote:

She has the best style sense...always looks fabulous and perfect for each occasion.I would love to see her closet.

@dex

I could not agree more.

Esteemed Contributor

An updated classic look....she looks great from head to toe.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Trusted Contributor

Sole voice of dissent here.  I see nothing modern about what she's wearing. That skirt looks like a 1980s ice skating skirt or something a little girl would wear.  The color is dreary. The whole thing is blah and dated. I just don't get the love for her clothes. She has no style. 

Respected Contributor

The suit has now been identified as being Dolce & Gabbana.

The suit is made in a black, white and light blue bouclé tweed. The suit features a fitted double-breasted jacket with oversized ornate buttons, pocket flaps and fringe trim at the placket, pocket flaps, collar and cuffs. The full skirt is a drop-waist style cut on the bias with a fringed hem.  

An earlier report stated that Kate was wearing the Morganite and Diamond earrings from Kiki McDonough. That was incorrect. The earrings are from Kiki McDonough, but they are the White Topaz and Diamond Cushion Drop earrings.

Respected Contributor

I love this look. Kate has great style and perfect poise.