Honored Contributor

Re: Duchess Kate in festive green

The thing I adore about Kate Middleton is that in today's world she is confident enough to be her own woman.  She isn't trying to look younger, she isn't trying to call attention to herself.

She looks like a grown intelligent WOMAN who doesn't have to be a coy girl or cute or sexy to get attention.  She looks like a woman who gets attention because she is smart and well educated and well spoken.  

And to me it is ok that it's office wear.  She is doing her job on these outings, and she manages to do it well without looking like a hooker or a teen-ager!  

I certainly can't think of any young woman with her style and grace, but the floozies are a dime a dozen now.  And I use that word only because I love how descriptive it is!  

Valued Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Ladylaughsalot wrote:

This just proves that she would look great even in a gunny sack, because I don’t like that dress at all; it looks frumpy.

@Ladylaughsalot  If that's frumpy I have a new goal in life!  Please.  Call me frumpy any day!  

I didn’t say she looked frumpy. I even said she would look good in a gunny sack. The dress, itself, is frumpy. JMO

Respected Contributor

She always looks appropriate for the occassion. I dont think I gave ever seen her in a bad outfit.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Kate clearly like polka dots and who can blame her... This dress that she wore previously is, to my way of thinking, more fun, more youthful, more flattering and completely appropriate...

@stevieb  I think some of that "hanging on her" look is due, in part, to her very thin frame.  I do believe she is very much underweight.  It scares me that she might persist in staying thin and/or losing weight to the detriment of her marriage, as her MIL did.

@Nonametoday She is very thin, but who knows if she's actually underweight... That dress does just seem to hang on her and it isn't particularly flattering...

I don't think Duchess Kate has the same demons Diana had, at least I hope not... Aside from the marital woes, I believe Diana, who I admired, had other issues that were undoubtedly exacerbated by the situation at home and with the other royals...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

She looks beautiful, she is beautiful. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

Kate looks lovely. Thanks for posting @lmt

Esteemed Contributor

That's an exquisite silk dress. It's a classic style and she wears it very well. I've worn silk dresses, blouses, suits and dress slacks for decades. Nothing drapes like a fine silk fabric suitable for the particular garment (there are many, many different weights and kinds of silks). Like Kate, I also adore polka dots . . . especially navy. Also love stripes on silks. Silk takes dyes better than any other fabric known to mankind. It's a warm fabric in winter and a cool fabric in summer. Strongest fabric, also.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.