Honored Contributor

Re: Duchess Kate in Festive Red

Kate, as a mother and future queen-consort, is looking to be royal and stately while yet looking contemporary,wearing something which both she and QEII would approve.  She has the right instincts, that it is important to her image for her to look classy and elegant, not as though she is seeking attention by looking sexy. 

She is garnering attention from all the right places.  She had her time to look modern, youthful and sexy and she did.  She always looks glamorous in her evening attire, while exposing just enough not to be over-the-top.

Esteemed Contributor

Mary is fantastic. Kate always looks beautiful but her dress is quite similar to one I wore 25 years ago. Classic or passé?

Honored Contributor

Can’t imagine the damage I could do cooking while wearing silk.

Lovely as always.  

Like the dress better w/o the bow also, because of the change in the line.  Wonder what other solution might have have been used, if indeed the neck was too low.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@lmt 

Looking at those red heels, I'm reminded of the Eagles Song, "Those Shoes."

Those shoes are horrible on the model. Might as well wear the box they came in. Kate is always stunning.She needs to be the Queen next.

Respected Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

Mary is fantastic. Kate always looks beautiful but her dress is quite similar to one I wore 25 years ago. Classic or passé?

@Vivian  Definitely classic!!

Honored Contributor

I like it better with the keyhole too but it probably was altered for modesty issues. She looks beautiful, would like to be able to see this show in the US.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Once again, she's in another dowdy dress.  It's a red print dress but there is nothing at all festive about it.  It's a dress for a much older woman.  

Honored Contributor

She can look great in most things but the dress has a schoolmarm look to it.  I don't like it at all.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@lmt 

Looking at those red heels, I'm reminded of the Eagles Song, "Those Shoes."

@Witchy Woman 

I think the Eagles had a different heel in mind.  The ones in the pic look like clunkers.

IMHO.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@alicedee wrote:

Maybe with the keyhole neck she was concerned about the keyhole neckline showing more then she wanted as she was leaning over things in front of the camera?  It does seem to be a deep opening.

i like both versions of the dress.  Kate always looks pretty.

Yikes -- in this photo, that keyhole neckline goes VERY low. No wonder she had it modified. $1940 full price, BTW.

large_alessandra-rich-red-printed-silk-crepe-de-chine-midi-dress.jpg