Valued Contributor

Re: Duchess Kate in Festive Red

@chrystaltree wrote:

Once again, she's in another dowdy dress.  It's a red print dress but there is nothing at all festive about it.  It's a dress for a much older woman.  

I agree.  The dress is just to matronly for such a beauty at the top of her appearance.  Obviously, the princess should not look like a sex kitten (which she never has publicly, btw) but prints can be aging, it is far too long on her and it just isn't stylin' tbh.  She can do better than this and has.

Honored Contributor

@jonbonThat photo makes it obvious why the dress was modified for Kate. 

Yikes who styled that model? The jewelry, the bag, the shoes...

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

Just impossible for her to look bad.  While I may not have picked this dress out, it really is all about the fit.  If you're close to 6ft. tall and reed thin and this dress is fitted to perfection thru the bust, waist and length I think it is a very festive dress indeed.  I like it both with the tie and the keyhole.  I bet the fabric is gorgeous in person.  Thumbs up!!!

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

Hope they all 3 sit down and chowed down.

Respected Contributor

More pictures have been released .....

Kate and Will look on as Beauty and The Beast star Luke Evans performs Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.

Prince William, Kate Middleton, and Mary Berry watch on as Luke Evans performs in the Christmas special

The royal couple chat to the show's host Mary Berry. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge released a number of their 'favourite moments' from the show on their Instagram page

Kate rolls some dough.

Kate is all smiles as she rolls some dough, while William can be seen in the background being helped by Nadiya Hussain

Irish Guards Sean Pilford, Andrew Minnis and Anthony Jordon and The Duchess of Cambridge in the winter chalet at the Rosewood London Hotel.

Irish Guards Sean Pilford, Andrew Minnis and Anthony Jordon and The Duchess of Cambridge in the winter chalet at the Rosewood London Hotel

A Berry Royal Christmas offers a revealing insight into the charities supported by Will and Kate, as well as the volunteers and regulars who pass through their doors - many of whom have become close to the couple. Pictured: Sarah Daly, The Duchess of Cambridge, The Duke of Cambridge, Elizabeth Crowley, Laura Flaxman and other party guests sat talking in Scarfes Bar at the Rosewood London Hotel.

A Berry Royal Christmas offers a revealing insight into the charities supported by the duke and duchess, as well as the volunteers and regulars who pass through their doors - many of whom have become close to the couple. Pictured: Sarah Daly, The Duchess of Cambridge, The Duke of Cambridge, Elizabeth Crowley, Laura Flaxman and other party guests sat talking in Scarfes Bar at the Rosewood London Hotel

Esteemed Contributor

@Vivian :  I had tailored clothing in late 70s; I owned several dresses (right  down to the silk fabric) that were identical to this dress.  In 2019 I think it looks a bit dowdy!

Respected Contributor

Kate has said that Prince Louis first word was "Mary" because her cookbooks are in the kitchen at eye level to the little prince.
Honored Contributor

I'm relieved that I'm not the only one here who thinks that dress is 'dowdy'. I was beginning to think I was on another planet...LOL!Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

One of the celebrity gossip/satire sites had a caption for Kate's photo:

Not pictured:  Tootsie getting ready to tackle Duchess Kate for stealing her favorite Christmas party dress.

LOL. . .It does look like something Dustin Hoffman (as Tootsie) would wear.  

Esteemed Contributor

@lmt 

While all the pictures are fun, I am overwhelmed by the arrangement of greens and flowers over the fireplace.

Wowza!  Not that's decoration!!