Honored Contributor

Re: Duchess Kate in Catherine Walker Coat Dress

Cute but I am not a big fan of this look.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Wow, @lmt, until you and @Greeneyedlady21 posted your photos, I wouldn't have realized what a vast range of Catherine Walker that Diana wore.  Neat!

Honored Contributor

Kate is 5'9 and weighs 121 pounds. Tall, thin and the perfect size for that coat. She claims to eat very low carb. She is inspirational to me. I used to wear coats exactly like that one. I remember one in blue that I bought in a boutique in the town where we used to live.

Thanks for the uplifting photos. Love Kate...

Respected Contributor

Love the outfit on Kate. Glad she recycles, but she's carrying a $1,000 black bag, which is not exactly a frugal purchase. I'm sure the coat dress, shoes and earrings were quite expensive as well.

I love Diana's outfits. Especially the light blue halter neck dress and the cream and pink tank. Timeless pieces. She wasn't exactly a classic beauty, but she was so beautiful. Miss her.

Honored Contributor

@Carol Diane@lol I don’t even let myself think about that...I am wearing my hipster belt from the seventies on my waist now.It is such a great belt with beautiful leather that never creases or shows wear at the adjustment holes.

Honored Contributor

According to Vogue, Kate has spent $400,000.00 on clothes in 2017-2018.  She also gets clothing on loan from designers.  Charles get a 6 million dollar stipend budget for his family.  So I suppose the bulk of that amount is for Kate. Meghan is still pretty new, but Kate spent $70,000.00 the first year as Duchess.  The Queen never buys anything off the rack.  All her clothes are made for her, as she needs clothes that are specific.

Respected Contributor

Diana was her own woman. Based on the years and hairstyles she was very stylish then but always classy and lady like.

Kate is very lady like and classic and she is her own woman. Both woman are dynamic in their own way.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Honored Contributor

She looks great in that silhouette.  

I actually think she looks better and better, fashion wise, as she gets older.

And she has a model figure.

Stats:

Height 5'9"

Weight 59 kilos (130 lbs.)

Measurements 32-24-33

Size 2 dress

Size 8 shoe

Esteemed Contributor

I want that coat dress! It is perfection!  

I also think given Kate is wearing tights, block heels and her hair in a ponytail makes her look younger. 

Honored Contributor

Kate looks younger and younger, breathtakingly beautiful.