Esteemed Contributor

Re: Duchess Kate in Catherine Walker Coat Dress

Absolute lovely and in very good taste for the occasion.  When I saw it my first impression was is that is too short for that type of skirt.  Odd how our taste changes now we see more longer skirts.

Respected Contributor

Kate and William are so regal. She is just stellar, queen like and quite the clothes horse.

I love seeing photos of her and William and Harry and Meghan. Thanks for posting.

Honored Contributor

She is about the only role model for young women.  She looks and acts her age and how wonderful!  She is gacious enough too to realize that her husband is the center of the show and step back when it is appropriate.  Nothing wrong with that.  

I am sure they they keep an eye on the clothing budget for both financial and appearance reasons.  The Queen is not a person who is extravagant considering her holdings and resources.  Just because you have that kind of money doesn't mean you have to flaunt it.  

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltreeI think people who live their lives in constant public scrutiny face problems the rest of us don't face - or don't face on their level.  I would assume the royal couple can well afford for Kate to dress new all the time and not really be terribly extragant given their wealth, but you are so right that they also have to dress for PR - and that includes style, fit price, and appropriatreness to the occasion. 

Kate gets high grades for all of that, and as a child of Depression-era parents, I love that she chooses to repeat outfits and does it with style.

Honored Contributor

She looks lovely.  This is so interesting-- I could be wrong, but I believe Diana wore Catherine Walker as well, on several highly publicized occasions...

Honored Contributor

@Oznell You're not wrong, Diana did wear Catherine Walker often. Just a few...gettyimages-52117953-612x612.jpgprincess-diana-and-catherine-walker-long-dinner-dress-with-a-cream-silk-gallery.jpggallery_1_1.jpg

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Valued Contributor

@dex, I think I had a similar waist many years ago...lol

Honored Contributor

Ah, thanks @Greeneyedlady21 for those!

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Neither Kate not the Palace gives a flying fig about her clothing budget.  I believe that like many women, there are outfits that she loves and that she knows look good on her.  Her parents are indeed wealthy but they come from the middle class so she's perfectly comfortable wearing an outfit or gown that she has worn before.  They do "tweak" some of them to give the outfit a different look.  Also there's the PR benefit of making it seem like her clothing budget is not as extravagant as it is.  

Her parent's may be hardworking millionaires but she and her daughter do share clothing.  The most recent was on of Kate's coats to go see Pippa after giving birth. Carole has been seen wearing some of Kate's dresses too.  I love that they do that.  The best was Sweden in a recycled dress from the late 70's.

Image result for queen silvia recycles dress

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

She looks lovely.  This is so interesting-- I could be wrong, but I believe Diana wore Catherine Walker as well, on several highly publicized occasions...

@Oznell  You are not wrong. According to reports, Diana wore over 500 (some reports say over 1,000) of Catherine Walker's designs. Here are just a few ......

Related image

Image result for diana in catherine walker

LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM - JULY 27:  Princess Diana Attending A Performance Of The Ballet 'swan Lake'  At The Coliseum In London. She Is Wearing A Dress Designed By Catherine Walker.  (Photo by Tim Graham/Getty Images)

The Princess of Wales arrives at a presidential banquet held in Douala, Cameroon, March 1990. She wears a Catherine Walker dress. (Photo by Jayne Fincher/Princess Diana Archive/Getty Images)

LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM - MAY 06:  Princess Diana At A  Gala Evening At Spencer House In Aid Of The London City Ballet London.  (Photo by Tim Graham/Getty Images)