Honored Contributor

Re: Duchess Kate in Alexander McQueen

A lovely group! Love the Queen's tiara and jewels! Melania's dress is stunning on her!

President Trump and First Lady Melania Trump join Queen Elizabeth II at Buckingham Palace for a stare dinner on Monday night with Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall. In the background, Eric Trump, Tiffany Trump and Donald Jr. are shown with the Duchess of Cambridge. The first lady wore a Dior Couture gown

Cheers to you: President Trump and Queen Elizabeth II clink glasses after delivering remarks at the State Banquet. The president ordinarily drinks white grape juice at such functions whereas the Queen drank water

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

The Queen had the best jewels I'd wager. LOL

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

The Queen had the best jewels I'd wager. LOL

I’d topple right over from the weight of the crown and necklace😜

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

Ivanka (pictured left) wore her blonde hair neatly pulled into a bun, completing the look with minimal make-up

Carolina Herrera

While I don’t care for it, it looks more formal than the quick peek of the bodice I saw this afternoon.  

This looks sporty with a stand up collar and the long skirt can't carry it.  I wish Melina had done better. She's a beautiful woman!Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom Thanks so much for the photo. They all look super great!

And thanks to everyone else who posted photos. Love it.

Anyone know where I could watch the entire events of the day? YouTube, some other place that shows everything that happened, not just one of the events.

Thanks in advance. Heart

Honored Contributor

Drat!  Suppose I will be forced to wear those old Burmese rubies again. Sigh...

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Does anyone know what was on the menu?

@cherry  source Town&Country

This evening's 170 guests were treated to a menu starting with steamed fillet of halibut with watercress mousse, asparagus spears, and chervil sauce. This was followed by saddle of new season Windsor lamb, with herb stuffing, spring vegetables and port sauce.

Dessert was strawberry sable with lemon verbena cream followed by a selection of assorted fresh fruits, then coffee and petit fours.

Wine on offer included Chateau Lafite Rothschild 1990, wine from the Windsor Great Park vineyard and English quality sparkling wine.

The Queen keeps a close eye on preparations for a state banquet, approving the menu, guest list, and seating plan, and inspecting the table personally beforehand.

Esteemed Contributor

I am not wowed by ANY of the dresses - at all. Too bad Megan didn’t attend....she seems to reliably be the best dressed royal of the entire bunch.

Contributor

That choker necklace Camilla wears was copied from Diana, she always wore it.

Honored Contributor

I actually like Ivanka's dress very much!  I think it is fresh and young, but still appropriate and has that really designer look to it.  I would LOVE to see it in person.  The material and the skirt are beautiful. 

I wasn't surprised to see Carolina Herrera is the designer, and it looks very much like many of her designs in the cut.  It wasn't the same-old same-old look that many of the dresses had, although they were fabulous.