Respected Contributor

Re: Duchess Kate at RHS Wisley

@Pearlee wrote:
Her torso looks too short. It looks to me like the dress should be belted lower; the proportions seem off. Or maybe if not the belt being situated lower then shorten the dress a bit.

@Pearlee   As someone who is both short and short waisted, I think the style of the dress is perfect on her.  I don't see what you see.  It might just be that the skirt is longer, and the proportions are different than you're used to.  

Super Contributor

Both of them look classy, stylish and refreshing. The best thing is that they both are involved and engrossed during the event.

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

Such a beautiful young lady, I love her classic sophistication. She's always smiling and looks so happy.  Everything she does is highly scrutinized but she handles it very well. There will always be those who criticize her fashion, would love to see some of those jealous posters in real life. 

I think Kate looks lovely in the dress.  However, I wouldn't call the posters that don't like the dress "jealous".  They just have a difference in opinion.

Honored Contributor

Kate looks beautiful as always but I don't care for that dress at all. And I'm in no way "jealous" of her other than being admiringly envious of her incredible hair.

I don't call things "ugly" or worse here that other people like, but I don't like this dress. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

She looks so beautiful!  I adore that dress!  The print is so quaint and yet fresh at the same time.  She looks wonderful - always!  Her smile is her best fashion accent!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

Kate has such great posture and confidence and she would have to be confident with such constant scrutiny.  She is very attractive and appears comfortable with people. Personally, I like the dress but I love the espadrilles.  The dress has a Laura Ashley look about it and is suitable for the occasion.  Things are much different in England and the people have standards about the monarchy that they want to see.  Kate and William are doing a great job in my opinion.  

Mary Berry looks "cute as a button"!  I would like to have her outfit but I wouldn't want her to judge my baking!

Respected Contributor

Mary Berry is the best. Loved her on British Baking show.  Kate is looking very smart in her floral dress. Nice look for her.

Honored Contributor

I think the dress is very pretty and appropriate at the event with the children.  It is the type of dress that could be worn to an office on a Tuesday or to church on a Sunday. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

I love the dress and how it allows Kate to look tied together, yet able to bend and crouch to interact with the kids. I think she's wearing panty hose (ugh) and her favorite Viscata wedges. I think she looks terrific and appropriate! Love her new hair, too!
Honored Contributor

Kate proves to us time and again that one can dress conservatively while still being contemporary and age appropriate.

This isn't it.