Honored Contributor

Re: Duchess Kate at Diplomatic Reception

@stevieb   Dame Grand Cross of the Victorian Order:  Is that not what the queen awards with the pin and portrait.

Honored Contributor

I think she is wearing something old (like a sapphire ring), something new (like a right-hand ring), something borrowed (the tiara) and something blue (that gorgreous blue velvet dress).

Respected Contributor

Kate is a beautiful woman and is blessed with a model's figure. Don't care for this look at all. The dress, earrings, necklace and hair style age her 10 years. I know she has to dress and style herself a certain way for these functions but her look here is so severe. When she is more casually dressed with her hair down she looks so much prettier and younger. Her formal gowns in the past were gorgeous. This one looks so matronly. Just my 2 cents. 

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Lol at William's expression

ELig_wZXkAwucSR.jpeg

I think he is telling the gentleman about what he is hoping for Christmas!!  Great shot of the Prince.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@lmt  I love looking at all the royal tiaras and have often visited websites that feature them. I think the Lover's Knot will always be associated with Diana and my gosh, I don't think I'd previously seen the Vladimir with those sumptuous emeralds. Fabuous! There are several that have been sold off or disappeared over the years and, or course, others acquired. One of my personal favorites is the Persian Turquoise (Triumph of Love) tiara, I think most often associated with Princess Margaret.

Princess Sofia took her wedding Tiara and had the turquoise put in for the Noble Peace banquet in Sweden this week.  The whole family looked so regal.

The Nobel Prize Award Ceremony 2019

The Nobel Prize Award Ceremony 2019

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

Ok; I'll say it.  Regarding Kate, I think the tiara, the earrings and the necklace are just too much.  She either needs to lose the necklace or the earrings.  Or scale one of them down.

Regarding the Queen, I don't like the emeralds falling against her clothing.  I think they need to fall against skin, or a smoother fabric. The tiara is beautiful though, and I like all three versions of it.

LOL!!!  There is no "too much" for Royal jewels!  Pile them all on for us to see!  I hate when they don't wear them. 

And yes, Kate looks mature as she should as a future queen.  I am thrilled she doesn't dress like some Hollywood hotie!  

Honored Contributor

I don't like turquoise, I never have. I think it is a cheap look for a tiara..It always reminds me of plastic

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I don't like turquoise, I never have. I think it is a cheap look for a tiara..It always reminds me of plastic

OMG, @cherry I was going to post the exact same thing!!  I don't care for the tiaras featuring turquoise either, and my feeling regarding turquoise in general is that it looks like blue plastic.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@stevieb   Dame Grand Cross of the Victorian Order:  Is that not what the queen awards with the pin and portrait.

@Nonametoday  My understanding is that they're different awards.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Turquoise is a semi-precious stone.  It is more fitting for a crown for a royal to have precious stones. What next? Garnet..quartz..., etc. ?