Respected Contributor

Duchess Kate at Diplomatic Reception

[ Edited ]

The Duchess of Cambridge dazzled in the Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara that once belonged to Princess Diana, as she arrived for a glittering Buckingham Palace reception on Tuesday night. 

She joined Prince William and hundreds of esteemed guests for the Queen's Diplomatic Reception, an annual white tie affair and one of the highlights of the royal calendar.

Though just a glimpse of Kate's outfit could be seen through the car window as she arrived, the duchess appeared to be wearing a sparkling white gown with metallic silver detailing on the shoulders. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Duchess Kate at Diplomatic Reception

A shame we can't see Kate's gown, I bet it's beautiful.

Sometimes BP releases a more formal picture from the reception. Keeping fingers crossed!

Honored Contributor

Hope they will release a picture. That tiara is spectacular and of course so sentimental. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21  The tiara is beautiful. It must be a favorite of Kate's, she's worn it several times.

I remember reading that Diana complained it was heavy and she would get a headache wearing it.

Respected Contributor

BP released a picture.

Her gown is stunning! The design, the color and the beading are gorgeous!!

Honored Contributor

So pretty,  it reminds me of this sparkly ice blue Jenny Packham dress she once wore.  This one today is more understated. Elsa from Frozen...

kate blue jp.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

That gown is equally beautiful, one of my favorites. Jenny Packham's designs are always gorgeous.

Tonight's gown looks ethereal .....

Respected Contributor

kate-middleton-tiara

Honored Contributor

Kate always looks lovely.  I do believe that Harry & Meghan stepped back from the limelight.  I think they are actually more popular than Kate & William and now the palace wants interest placed on the King to be.  It is interesting to see how the palace puts out stories of these two couples.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

The Queen looked regal in a white gown with delicate tiered lace overlay as she greeted the ambassador of Norway at the evening reception at Buckingham Palace. The monarch paired the dress with a metallic gold handbag and heels.

The Queen, 92, looked regal in a white gown with delicate tiered lace overlay as she greeted the ambassador of Norway at the evening reception at Buckingham Palace. The monarch paired the dress with a metallic gold handbag and heels

The Duchess of Cornwall was resplendent in an oyster coloured satin evening coat, which she wore over a floor-length gown.

The Duchess of Cornwall was resplendent in an oyster coloured satin evening coat, which she wore over a floor-length gown