Respected Contributor

Duchess Kate at Diplomatic Reception

[ Edited ]

The Duchess of Cambridge looked stunning in the Lover's Knot Tiara, as she made her way to Buckingham Palace on Wednesday night for the Queen's Diplomatic Reception. 

Kate joined Prince William as they drove to the annual white tie affair, which is one of the highlights of the royal calendar.

They will join the Queen and the Duke and Duchess of Cornwall for the Diplomatic Reception, and greet some of the 1,000 guests in attendance for the lavish event.

Kate paired sparkling diamond drop earrings and a diamond necklace with the stunning Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara - a piece that she has worn on a number of previous occasions.             

The white tie Diplomatic Reception is the main social event of the year in London for the diplomatic community and reflects the Queen’s importance in terms of the UK’s international relations.

Kate, 37, joined husband Prince William as the drove to the annual white tie affair, which is one of the highlights of the royal calendar

The duchess paired sparkling silver drop earrings and a lavish necklace with the stunning Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara - a piece that she has worn on a number of previous occasions.

Honored Contributor

Re: Duchess Kate at Diplomatic Reception

I wish we could have seen her in attendance or at least exiting or entering the vehicle so we could see what she was wearing.  As an American, that is my favorite part of these affairs for the RF, the way in which they dress and carry themselves.

Respected Contributor

Can't see much of Kate or her Tiara.

Honored Contributor

@lmt wrote:

The Duchess of Cambridge looked stunning in the Lover's Knot Tiara, as she made her way to Buckingham Palace on Wednesday night for the Queen's Diplomatic Reception. 

Kate joined Prince William as they drove to the annual white tie affair, which is one of the highlights of the royal calendar.

They will join the Queen and the Duke and Duchess of Cornwall for the Diplomatic Reception, and greet some of the 1,000 guests in attendance for the lavish event.

I can not imagine greeting 1,000 guests in attendance. I guess they split up the guests into different groups. So the Queen greets some, Duke and Duchess of Cornwall greet some and Prince William and Kate greet some. 

But that still leaves them to greet 300+ people. Oh My! My face and hand would collapse.

Respected Contributor

The Duke and Duchess of Cornwall

The Duke and Duchess of Cornwall also made their way to join The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at the Diplomatic Reception

Honored Contributor

Kate is beautiful as always.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

She looks very Queenly in the first photo.

And William really looks so much like his mother.

That's all I've got.  Cat Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Kate is wearing a navy velvet Alexander McQueen gown.

Honored Contributor

It's navy velvet, McQueen

ELibXwBXUAEz5Io.jpeg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

The Alexander McQueen dress is very mature.  Makes Kate look almost formidable.