Trusted Contributor

Re: Duchess Kate and Pippa-Cute Summer Dresses

@Goldengate8361,

No wonder everything Zara is cheap and looks cheap🌻

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

I think Pippas look is far better! She looks lovely and not at all matronly. Kate’s dress, in contrast, looks really cheap....like it came from a large discount store. Both are beautiful young women.

@Goldengate8361  That is not nice to say.  She probably chose that dress because she breastfeeds and it is easy to take off and on the shoulder and she does not want to invest in really expensive dresses for that purpose when she will probably only breastfeed a couple months.  The queen is already demanding she go back to work when the baby is less than 2 months old although she has requested to stay with baby until it is 3 months old.

@Nonametoday. Legallyiin GB she's entitled to 6 months maternity leave which will take her to October.  If I was Kate, I'd take every minute of it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I love Pippa's outfit.  I don't know if her shoes are scuffed or it might be a shadow.  LOL

Kate looks cool and summery in her dress too.

Honored Contributor

How do we know the Queen is already bugging Kate to get back to work?

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@magicmoodz  thank you for saying something about the shoes.  you know those were the first things I saw in the picture, right?  Woman LOL

@Bird mama@magicmoodz, the shoes are immediately what struck me too.

Besides the fact that they look dirty, I don't like them with her dress at all.  The tie up the ankle with that length dress just doesn't look good to me.  I think a slingback espadrille would have looked much better.

I absolutely love Kate's dress and look. 

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

I think they both look great.  They are two different people although their DNA is similar but their minds and bodies are different and their lifestyles require them to be totally different.  No reason to throw shade on Kate because she does not blow money like a drunk sailor on first leave and no reason to throw shade on Pippa because walking dirt roads in white shoes causes dust marks.  People who are human do human things and have entirely normal things happen to them.

@Nonametoday

You seem to be taking on the role of school marm shaming us for our comments. Good grief, this is a fashion forum where we are allowed to discuss what we like and what we don't. So while I think Pippa is adorable, I don't like her shoes, okay?

@magicmoodz  Some people need a school marm or a mother.

Super Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

Faerie,  Why always challenging?   Can't you just skip it, or say something worthwhile for a change?

Honored Contributor

@Mona_L wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

Faerie,  Why always challenging?   Can't you just skip it, or say something worthwhile for a change?

EXCUSE ME?????  Always challenging????  I would like to know where it was stated that the Queen is telling Kate she has to get back to work. It was a question, because I am interested. 

I will not skip anything I don't want to skip, and I would be inclined to say that YOUR criticism of me is worthless.

Nervy much?

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

@magicmoodz  thank you for saying something about the shoes.  you know those were the first things I saw in the picture, right?  Woman LOL

@Bird mama@magicmoodz, the shoes are immediately what struck me too.

Besides the fact that they look dirty, I don't like them with her dress at all.  The tie up the ankle with that length dress just doesn't look good to me.  I think a slingback espadrille would have looked much better.

I absolutely love Kate's dress and look. 

As another shoe lover @Lipstickdiva, thanks for weighing in. Pippa's shoes would be cute if she were wearing a romper or a tank dress on the boardwalk/beach. To me they appear a bit too casual for her tailored dress.