Trusted Contributor

Re: Duchess Kate & Queen Elizabeth Joint Appearance

[ Edited ]

I finally figured out what it is about Kate's style that I dislike. To me, she always manages to look dowdy wearing juvenile silhouettes.  This coat/dress is a little girl style/silhouette.  It's something she wears a lot -- a kid's ice skater outfit.

I dont know if she likes it, or if she feels it's best for her (and Pippa's) extremely long torso. Either way, I don't like it on a grown woman.

Honored Contributor

Kate always looks great, has the queen always been short ,or is it her age?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest wrote:
 has the queen always been short ,or is it her age?

She was 5'4" at her tallest. Now she's very stooped over and older. I'd guess she lost 4 inches due to both. Kate is 5'9" and wearing high heels. That's about a 1 foot difference. 

Respected Contributor

image.png

i love the way they both look - the Queen pretty and noticeable in pink and the Duchess in grey/black, not drawing attention to herself. i like the way Kate has been leaning with her hats of late -  they seem a natural extension and not distracting.

they both look like they are enjoying the event.

Respected Contributor

She is just amazing.  Doing visits at age, what?  93 or so.  Crazy she is still on the job and healthy.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Duchess Kate is off to her second engagement of the day, a visit to London's Foundling Museum, which explores the history of the Foundling Hospital, the U.K.'s first children's charity and public art gallery. During her trip today, the Duchess of Cambridge is set to learn about "how the organization works with art and artists to transform the lives of vulnerable and marginalized young people." Kate is an art lover after all.

Kate was named patron of the Foundling Museum hours ahead of her engagement. "The Duchess has a longstanding interest in both the arts and supporting vulnerable families, and this patronage will further highlight the beneficial impact that art and creativity has on emotional wellbeing," Kensington Palace said in a press release.

For the event, the duchess wore a gray Catherine Walker coat dress that she wore during appearance with the Queen earlier this morning. She also kept on the same tights and block-heeled pumps, but ditched the fascinator this time around. She also wore her pink morganite/diamond drop earrings.

Duchess of Cambridge visits the Foundling Museum

Valued Contributor

Dutchess Kate always looks PERFECT to me ...  she will be a fabulous Queen !!  

Contributor

It might be a dress with a zipper up the back.

Respected Contributor

Catherine Walker dress, Kiki McDonough morganite and diamond cushion drop earrings

Catherine Walker dress, Kiki McDonough morganite and diamond cushion drop earrings

Trusted Contributor

Beautiful pics. The ladies look spectacular!