Honored Contributor

Re: Duchess Kate Visits Thinktank Science Museum

@lmt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I like all the jewelry she's wearing. At first glance I didn't care for the blouse, but the more I looked the more I liked... Really admire Kate and clearly, she's one who truly works hard for the money... 

@stevieb  Kate has some very pretty pieces of jewelry. I especially like the Kiki McDonough items.

I really love the Halcyon Days cuff ..... love aquamarines!! It's available for purchase at $150 plus $30 (!!) shipping. Plus this - Outside the European Community the recipient is responsible for all duties, sales, taxes and any other local charges.

The cuff is available in several different stone options. But ..... that aquamarine is really calling my name, LOL!!  Smiley Wink

@lmt  I love aquamarine too and agree, she wears some very lovely pieces, yet many are still affordable... Sadly, given that shipping and the duties, I'm not even going to look because I'd be sorely tempted!!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@lmt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I like all the jewelry she's wearing. At first glance I didn't care for the blouse, but the more I looked the more I liked... Really admire Kate and clearly, she's one who truly works hard for the money... 

@stevieb  Kate has some very pretty pieces of jewelry. I especially like the Kiki McDonough items.

I really love the Halcyon Days cuff ..... love aquamarines!! It's available for purchase at $150 plus $30 (!!) shipping. Plus this - Outside the European Community the recipient is responsible for all duties, sales, taxes and any other local charges.

The cuff is available in several different stone options. But ..... that aquamarine is really calling my name, LOL!!  Smiley Wink

@lmt  I love aquamarine too and agree, she wears some very lovely pieces, yet many are still affordable... Sadly, given that shipping and the duties, I'm not even going to look because I'd be sorely tempted!!

@stevieb  I wish It was available to purchase in the U.S. 

If it weren't for that pesky shipping charge, and duty tax .....

Sigh. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@lmt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@lmt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb  I wish It was available to purchase in the U.S. 

If it weren't for that pesky shipping charge, and duty tax .....

Sigh. Smiley Sad

@lmt  I know... It's very pretty and otherwise wouldn't break the bank... Oh well...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

What I love is that these children are old enough to always remember this interaction with her when one day she's their oh so beautiful queen

Valued Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

Very nice - approriate and great colors on her. 

@Bri369   Yes, I like her much better in these colors than in the camel coat.  I think she is beginning to look emaciated, unfortunately.  The picture of her in the fortuny pleated skirt from Zara should have added the look of 20 pounds to her, given that pictures add 10 and pleats add another 10.  If she looks 20 pounds heavier in pictures than she actually is, she does look emaciated. 

That picture in the pleated skirt makes her look too thin.  I think she has lost too much weight.  IMO, she looks pale and her brow looks very furrowed.  I am afraid she is ill.

I have said this previously as well, especially in that knife-pleated skirt in prior pictures.  When I said it, I got all kinds of haters saying I was wrong...but I am not.  Either the Dutches has an eating disorder (anorexia?) or she is ill but whatever the case something is clearly wrong.  Clearly.  

Thanks you for the confirmation from your post and I hope she gets the helps she needs very soon.

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

Kate is to be admired for so many reasons.

Her focus on early childhood issues is where her heart is, and so to be admired.  She has struck a good balance, in my mind, between beautifully and tastefully dressed and avoiding being seen as a model for the latest in fashion trends.  In my mind, she doesn’t want to be known as addicted to the latest fashion.  She is, and wants to be, taken seriously.  

@PamfromCT THANK YOU!  I hope young women who want to be taken seriously get this idea.  I feel so sorry for them because they sometimes don't understand what a difference that makes.

And don't tell me what ought to be, how you should wear whatever you want, etc. etc. etc.  You want the job, you act and dress for the job.  It's simply the way it works.

Honored Contributor

She always looks great.  I wonder if she is ever tired of doing all of this?

Thanks for posting all of the nice pictures.  It is always a joy seeing kate and her outfitsSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@Bri369   Yes, I like her much better in these colors than in the camel coat.  I think she is beginning to look emaciated, unfortunately.  The picture of her in the fortuny pleated skirt from Zara should have added the look of 20 pounds to her, given that pictures add 10 and pleats add another 10.  If she looks 20 pounds heavier in pictures than she actually is, she does look emaciated. 

That picture in the pleated skirt makes her look too thin.  I think she has lost too much weight.  IMO, she looks pale and her brow looks very furrowed.  I am afraid she is ill.

@Nonametoday   I agree...she is awfully thin.  I like the color of her blouse but not a fan of those big floppy bows.  They remind me of the office attire women wore in the late 70s and early 80s.

The children's museum is cute....reminds me of the "Please Touch Museum" in Philly that I took my kids to when they were little.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@Nonametoday   I agree...she is awfully thin.  I like the color of her blouse but not a fan of those big floppy bows.  They remind me of the office attire women wore in the late 70s and early 80s.

The children's museum is cute....reminds me of the "Please Touch Museum" in Philly that I took my kids to when they were little.

She is thin, just listening to Meghan in that interview she was almost in tears.  What  ever she and Kate are expected to do is obviously stressful. Kate seems to handle it well but then again she is very thin..

Esteemed Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

She looks great, as she usually does.  She's wearing one of those god-awful tie neck tops, but the modern print makes up for the dowdy neckline.

She manages to look just as good in pants as she does in dresses.

@faeriemoon ....I agree, I like the print but HATE the bow blouse.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown