Respected Contributor

Duchess Kate Visits Children's Center

The Duchess of Cambridge was in excellent spirits as she spent time with families at a children's centre in London today.

Kate visited Sunshine House Children and Young People's Health and Development Centre in Peckham to learn about the Family Nurse Partnership (FNP), a voluntary programme that offers home visits to young first-time mothers.

Members of staff lined the corridor and clapped as the Duchess of Cambridge made her entrance today, pictured. Kate looked typically stylish in her monochrome ensemble as she mingled with staff inside the south London centre

Respected Contributor

Re: Duchess Kate Visits Children's Center

The Duchess of Cambridge looked polished in black culottes and chunky black suede heels for the outing on Thursday. Pictured, Kate mingling at the centre

During her visit, Kate spoke to first-time mothers who have been helped with the Southwark branch of the initiative, as well as nurses who take part in the programme. Pictured, Kate at one roundtable discussion during the visit today

Kate, 37, donned a £270 polka dot blouse pictured, for the outing to the children's centre in London today. She learned more about a programme supporting young first-tio

Respected Contributor

Kate appeared particularly taken with one little girl, who looked away shyly when the Duchess leaned in to speak.

The Duchess of Cambridge was on hand to learn more about the Family Nurse Partnership (FNP), a voluntary programme that offers home visits to parents aged up to 24. She appeared in excellent spirits as she spent time with parents and children who had benefited from the services, and appeared particularly charmed by one little girl, pictured

The Duchess of Cambridge showcased her maternal nature as she spent time with one young girl and her mother at Sunshine House in Peckham, South London today. However the little girl appeared unsure of the VIP guest

The Duchess of Cambridge was given a warm welcome by staff members when she arrived at the centre this morning. She later sat down to speak to families, including the one pictured, who had benefited from the volunteer visits by nurses

The little girl looked away shyly as the Duchess of Cambridge leaned in to speak to her and her mother at the centre, pictured. The royal, a mother of three, smiled widely as she spent time with the adorable little girl and her mother

Honored Contributor

She looks fabulous!

Honored Contributor

Another dowdy outfit...   

Respected Contributor

@lmt  i like this look for the Duchess, a good "day" look, using a feminine approach to pants, a bit of fun with those polka dots, all the while keeping it elevated and professional.  nice!

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Another dowdy outfit...   

I think this outfit is one of the least dowdy daytime outfits I have seen her in lately.  She looks great!

Overall, I think her fall/cool weather clothing is more fashionable than the summer stuff she wears.  (But I think that's true for many of us.)

Esteemed Contributor

@lmt 

I love how she does not let "fashion" overwhelm her duties.  She looks appropriate and comfortable....and very pretty without her clothing screaming "look at me."  

And, the way she engages with children makes me misty.  She seems to love them, and that always shines through.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Another dowdy outfit...   

I'm going to disagree with you. 

I think she looks very fashionable and professional at the same time.

Honored Contributor

@lmt 

Thank you. Catherine is a fine example in so many wonderful ways. She always looks classic timeless and bringing attention to others. Epitome of class.