Honored Contributor

Re: Duchess Kate Visits Belfast Farm

I WANT that jacket and the boots!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

She's a beautiful woman but I don't envy her one bit. She is probably dieting 24/7, having to look her best no matter what, and going hither and yon to meet people excited to meet her while she maintains an enthusiastic pose. She does it well but it must get tedious. I suppose she knew what she was getting into, certainly more than Harry's wife did, but I cannot imagine being a bird in a gilded cage.

i am guessing in her position it is like a vocation....you are "called" to a certain way of life and service...similar to men and women in religious communities.  A vocation is more than a job...it's a way of life.  I, sure we've all met parents, doctors, nurses, teachers, social workers who also have a vocation for the work they do and contributions they make.

I really admire Kate.  She even handled a snake lol!

Respected Contributor

During her visit to the farm, Kate will speak to local parents and grandparents about the themes covered in her survey, which closes on 21st February

kate-earrings

Kate is wearing the Barbour ‘Defence’ jacket, which boasts military-inspired pockets and a khaki colorway.

Image may contain: people standing

Image may contain: shoes and boots, possible text that says 'Penelope Chilvers'

Respected Contributor

A young woman who will age beautifully.  

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

Extra points for Kate for handling the snake.  What a good sport!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@lmt 

Not that it matters what I think, but, when I see her out and about performing her "duties" I hope in my heart that it is meaningful to her.  I believe it is.

It would reach deep into almost anyone's heart to have so much exposure to the world and people trying to do good things.

Yes, she is beautiful, has fab clothing and jewelry, but I like to believe that her work will make her even more beatiful as time goes on.

So far, she seems to never make a misstep in public.

Yes, and she handled the snake!

Respected Contributor

@lmt wrote:

Kate is wearing the Barbour ‘Defence’ jacket, which boasts military-inspired pockets and a khaki colorway.

Image may contain: people standing

Talbots carried several Barbour jackets this winter season (not this particular one, though) -- $350 to $450 price range (and, of course, excluded from promotional offers Smiley Happy).

Respected Contributor

@lmt  any word on the earrings? i like them! and i think i have seen before.

re Kate and the snake: BRAVA!  she's a better woman than I.

as to her attitude towards being a royal, i think it's quite obvious she enjoys interacting with people and making a difference in so many ways.  why do i think she views it as an amazing opportunity? and not a terrible burden?  not that there aren't days when she wishes she could stay home (she's human!) but she never lets on.

some can handle scrutiny and she's one of them. as time has gone on people have taken the measure of her and found her to exceed expectations.  

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624  @Witchy Woman   Kudos to Kate!

No WAY would I even touch a snake, let alone handle one. Not even for a boatload of money!!

Honored Contributor

Kate always looks classy and lovely in whatever she wears.  Her outside beauty is impressive but it is her inside beauty which is meaningful and admirable.  She is always doing kind acts, caring about others and in her own way making a difference in people's lives. Kate's good deeds and compassion are what makes her so special, her fashion sense enhances her persona.