Honored Contributor

Re: Duchess Kate Shopping in London

I wonder if they had to close the place so she could shop.  Or let her in before or after hours.  I can't imagine at this point she can shop with others in the store like she did when they were first married.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
Jeans or jeggings bunching at knee, not a good look.

OK, this I don't get. How on earth can you wear jeggings/very skinny jeans and not have them look like this (except, perhaps, when you first put them on). [shrug] I think it looks fine.

Honored Contributor

@jonbon Well, bunching at knees has kept me from buying them at Talbot's because I think it looks bad. @gidgetgh and I have discussed this -hers dont bunch like they do on me. Sales people at T's say it has to do with a person's own proportions and the jeggings' length. I wont wear anything that bunches at the knees; there is plenty else to wear.
Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
Jeans or jeggings bunching at knee, not a good look.

Ha!  Who gives a care?  She looks good in anything.  

Honored Contributor

She looks like a real person....nothing fancy or covered in crowns...rather refreshing to see.

Respected Contributor

She looks wonderful.   

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:
@jonbonWell, bunching at knees has kept me from buying them at Talbot's because I think it looks bad. @gidgetgh and I have discussed this -hers dont bunch like they do on me. Sales people at T's say it has to do with a person's own proportions and the jeggings' length. I wont wear anything that bunches at the knees; there is plenty else to wear.

I would say that in my observation it is the exception, rather than the rule, that very skinny jeans/jeggings don't bunch at the knees with movement. But I understand what you said -- if it bothered me, I wouldn't wear them, either!

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I wonder if they had to close the place so she could shop.  Or let her in before or after hours.  I can't imagine at this point she can shop with others in the store like she did when they were first married.

@faeriemoon  Probably not. 

There have been a few times that Kate was photographed shopping with other people around her, so I assume she was shopping during normal business hours. I think most people would leave her alone and she does have her protection officer(s) with her at all times.

Judging by these pictures, it doesn't appear that anyone has even spotted her. Except whoever took the pictures, LOL!  

These pictures were taken during Christmas 2018. 

Kate was snapped waiting to pay for her items at the till

Image result for duchess kate shopping at christmas 2018

The Duchess was dressed in casual clothes and wore her brunette locks in a ponytail

Honored Contributor

I love seeing the just running errands on any typical day of the week.  Kate looks great.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@lmt   Thank you!!  I thought she had perhaps reached the point of no return.  Glad to see she isn't as isolated as I thought she might be.