Honored Contributor

Re: Duchess Kate Holds Reception at Buckingham Palace

I'd rather see her dressed on the conservative side since she is a wife and a mother, then, to see her dressed like a hootchie and then, boy, people would go to town on her. ROFL

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I'd rather see her dressed on the conservative side since she is a wife and a mother, then, to see her dressed like a hootchie and then, boy, people would go to town on her. ROFL

LOL!  I sure hope I look like her when I'm 90! 😉

Honored Contributor

I think sapphire blue is her best color.

Honored Contributor

Once again --- Stunning!  That shade of blue is simply out of this world and she looks amazing in that gown!!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Kate's Erdem earrings - blue crystal and pearl - retailed at 310 pounds, about $400,  but no longer available

interesting to me that Kate's outfits for yesterday - Catherine Walker coat and Jenny Packham sapphire gown - were both in her closet, worn previously - but she refreshed them with accessories, particularly the ruby and Erdem earrings.  

Statement earrings: The Duchess's elaborate blue and white earrings by Erdem, pictured

Esteemed Contributor

I have never been a big fan of the Royals.I did like Diana.I felt that she was very compassionate & relatable. Kate reminds me of Diana. She appears to be real & not a caricature of what's expected of her.

Kate always dresses impeccably. She looks beautiful in the royal blue gown. But I do think it's a bit to closed up.A bit of a lower neckline & a shorter sleeve would look just as dignified & classy.

Esteemed Contributor

I saw this dress in a video on Instagram and it was even more beautiful in the video than it is in pictures!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

If you like the Trash Tramp look, there is Hollywood for that.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Kate is lovely and knows how to dress for each occasion with style, grace and elegance. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Kate is an attractive woman but her choice in dresses and other clothes needs help desperately.  One day she will be Queen Consort and I hope someone assists her with her wardrobe.  She is a young woman and always selects clothes for a 90 year old woman.

@Katcat1 

Would you prefer she wear the wide open V split down to the waist with half her boobage hanging out that is so popular right now with all the female celebrities from Lalaland?