Respected Contributor

Re: Duchess Kate At The BAFTA Awards

Those emeralds are spectacular 

Honored Contributor

@insomniac2wrote:

"A puffy face when she's expecting. . ." ??? I truly have not observed that (of course, I'm not looking for something to criticize).

Exactly! The same the comments calling Meghan (Cheap) wow! Just wow.

Honored Contributor

I think she looks pretty with her face a little fuller.  

She's gorgeous either way though.

Honored Contributor

@Soonerwrote:

@SharkEwrote:

1 day the jewels will ALL be HERS.

Won't most of them still belong to the Crown?  Or at least William and not Kate?  

The historical items will always belong to the Crown, but, Kate, as Queen will have access to them to wear as she likes. The private collection will be passed down to Kate too I imagine. 

Of course, Princess Royal will get some good stuff and the other son's and their kids will get something I'm sure, but, not the same scale as Kate as Queen will own. She's got the Top Job LOL so will get the lions share.

I read where Camilla got all of Queen Mum's jewelry she left it to Charles who gave it to Camilla. Queenie, didn't need it after all, so,

Charles gave to Cam.  I love Cam's wedding ring set. 'Poor' Kate

got Di's ring. To me is a cocktail /dinner ring. Sure, it's pretty, etc.

but, as a engagement ring I don't think so. Guess, she'll make up for it with the private collection of Queenie's one day.

Respected Contributor

I don’t like Kate’s engagement ring either.   I’m sure there were better choices    Lol

Respected Contributor

Stunning. Wow! Kate and the necklace, a vision in beauty and grace.

Honored Contributor

@SharkEwrote:

Think she's just more outgoing and less having to be regal and on point all

the time. More relaxed and kind of like Fergie...............

@SharkE.  Yes, and we all know that didn't end well.  I wonder if it has occured to the queen that this woman may be Fergie all over again.  I don't have a good feeling about Harry and Meghan having a lasting relationship.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Bri36wrote:

I don’t like Kate’s engagement ring either.   I’m sure there were better choices    Lol

I have never been wild about that type of setting either.  I much prefer Meg's ring, Pippa's ring, or even Camilla's ring.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624wrote:

@SharkEwrote:

@SharkE.  Yes, and we all know that didn't end well.  I wonder if it has occured to the queen that this woman may be Fergie all over again.  I don't have a good feeling about Harry and Meghan having a lasting relationship.

They seem to be gaga in love, but, how she will be accepted over there being married before and an American and added to the payroll what they call Civil List I'm on the fence about. She will have a hill to climb. Most countries hardly ever accept foreigners coming in and marrying their Royalty.

Marie Antoinette from Austria marrying into the French.

Wallis Simpson

Prince Albert from Germany marrying Victoria..... even

Queenie marrying Philip who has German/Greece blood in him

Respected Contributor

@SharkEwrote:

@Kachina624wrote:

@SharkEwrote:

They seem to be gaga in love, but, how she will be accepted over there being married before and an American and added to the payroll what they call Civil List I'm on the fence about. She will have a hill to climb. Most countries hardly ever accept foreigners coming in and marrying their Royalty.

Marie Antoinette from Austria marrying into the French.

Wallis Simpson

Prince Albert from Germany marrying Victoria..... even

Queenie marrying Philip who has German/Greece blood in him

Uh, there were more problems with Wallis Simpson than just her being an American . . .